Anyone ever DD a Fbody? I know some of y'all have.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Nothing wrong with a POS to deal with the traffic, dings and dents and horrible drivers. Ill save my nice cars for the weekend cruises. no need to go ****ing up a nice car with daily driving duties.

Depends on where you live I guess. I don't really have heavy traffic to deal with (rip up and down the garden state parkway doing 80mph every day) and I don't commute to any major cities. I know it'd be more responsible of me to get a civic and get 30+MPG on the highway every day but holy shit I would just hate myself day in and day out.

My beater BMW is pretty fun for an old car, it has some options that some cars today still don't have (power headrests, woo) but its cheap enough and the paint sucks enough that I don't have to worry about door dings.

alex3610

Established Member
I drove an 01 SS daily for about 9 months. Probably one of the worst cars I owned. Great motor, great trans, everything else was complete shit. It rode like crap, the doors are about 600 feet long, you can park a mustang on the dashboard that seems to go on forever, view out the windshield is awful, I blew a 10 bolt rear on street tires with a stock motor, stereo was horrific, even the dome light in that car sucked.

Someone up to suggested an 04-06 GTO, and that is a great idea. I had one as well for a few years and the only reason I really got out of that car was that it had been wrecked and was never quite the same again after the accident. It was everything the F body was not, comfortable, quiet, great interior, nice leather, etc. Great daily driver imho. Not sure what they go for now but I would guess if you search you can find an 04 in your price range.

Users who are viewing this thread