anyone ever been to a rap concert?

93Coupe

Established Member
im not crazy about rap but i listen to some of it. anyways this girl i know wants me to go to a rap concert with her this weekend. do these things get pretty crazy? i dont really want to get in a fight for no apparent reason

RalphBentRio

RAWK star
Established Member
We had Afroman at my club once.

That was pretty tame. Kinda like Jimmy Buffet with beats.

IDK what a real rap show would be like, but I mean there's more violence at the Vibe awards than anything else... Derive your opinions from that.

They had to shut down the legendary Tralf in Buffalo, NY because all the rap shows ended in violence.

I mean, rap and violence go hand in hand. You might be fine, you might get capped.

I'd stay home. If you're white that may be all it needs to start a brawl. Especially if you're protective of all the brothers ogling your girl. Which they will do, without shame, not trying to hide it at all.

Neverlift

scotchy scotch scotch
Established Member
I saw A Tribe Called Quest and the Beastie Boys a few years back..
Good show, no violence. Loud, my ears were ringing.. It was "Metallica" loud.

...oh yeah, Jurrasic 5 opened as well and they were awesome! That kind of rap/hip hop I can really get into. They were more musician, less gangsta.

Last edited:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I went to a Pastor Troy and T.I. concert a few years ago. It was a waste of $10

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
IMO it depends on who it is, id go see lil boosie or webbie in concert, master p, any cash money artist, only because they are all from Louisiana

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
I saw snoop open up for Red Hot Chilli Peppers once (odd combo I know). It was lame. Then I saw Bone Thugs in concert and a few people got stabbed. So needless to say I'm done with rap concerts.

logan_yomtov

Established Member
i would never, under my own will, make an effort to go to a rap concert...generally, its not my crowd....but if a girl asked me to go with her on a date, then i'd probably go...

Granelli31

Established Member
I would say that a lot of rap concerts have a mixed crowd. They are pretty chill and have a lot of white people compared to what you would think. Although like anywhere you will have some "thugs" in 5xl shirts

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
logan_yomtov said:
i would never, under my own will, make an effort to go to a rap concert...generally, its not my crowd....but if a girl asked me to go with her on a date, then i'd probably go...

Well duh. Anything for poon. But I don't hang out with "rap" type women though.

s_x_i

Established Member
I ran sound for one a couple of years ago. Me and the other engineer were THE ONLY white guys in the venue.

Can't say I cared for it too much, but it was worth it just to see all the booty. Those rap girls know how to dress!

play23

Needs a Lift
Established Member
If she's all excited about the concert then go have fun and then have some fun after the concert.:D I won't go to the a rap concert b/c for the most part they just yell into the mic's and you can't understand what they are saying anymore.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i went to a chamillionaire show....it was alright, but nothing really got crazy
probably because most of the people there were high off their asses

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
I would rather slam my dick in my car door than listen to 99% of rap music that is out there.

Besides after the rap concerts here in Vegas, the news is full of problems caused at, by, or from the concert.

VPF

Common

Established Member
Rap Concert=fail
Hbo Poetry Night(mellow Version Of Rap Only Spoken Correctly) And Read Like A Poem=phucking Awesome.

93Coupe

Established Member
great, dont really wanna get stabbed

only reason i wanna go is so i can be there for her you know, just dont wanna get in a fight over nothing

Users who are viewing this thread