Anyone ever been involved in renting a drag strip before?

4.6modular

The Learning SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm trying to get multiple local members to rent a local drag strip with me, but one of the members stated that the track owner wanted 2500.00 dollars to rent the track. That doesn't sound feasible to me what so ever. What is the general cost for those who have rented the track by the hour?

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
think about it. utilities, track staff, track prep, etc. he's gotta pay all that. i think 2500 for a day sounds pretty good. i think the nloc rented kcir for three days for 10K

Smokinbago

MN Sports Fan!
Established Member
Our local club, Northern Virginia Mustang Club, rents Mason Dixon Dragway a few times a year. Contact the president, [email protected], to find out how much we pay for a rental. We have a bunch of members so we normally don't pay more than $30 a pop.

4.6modular

The Learning SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm only interested in renting the track for a 5-6 hour time period, not the entire day. I was wondering if anyone has ever been quoted an hourly charge.

CobraGirlSVT

Established Member
ezernut9mm said:
think about it. utilities, track staff, track prep, etc. he's gotta pay all that. i think 2500 for a day sounds pretty good. i think the nloc rented kcir for three days for 10K

You forgot the most expensive thing.... insurance.

$2500 is really cheap. Get 100 cars to sign up and pay $25 each. 100 cars is not alot.

Smokinbago

MN Sports Fan!
Established Member
We rent for 4-5 hours at a time. hat is enought to get in 25 runs when you have about 45 cars; even if you have a "non back-to-back" run car, you can still get in a bunch of runs. Charlie Booze Jr. practices with us every now and again.

Users who are viewing this thread