anyone ever ask their real estate agent to change the description

tistan

Established Member
I one of my homes on the market a couple weeks ago and have had very little traffic. The home has been completely gone through and everything is new. It is priced about $7 a square foot cheaper than other homes in the area. This is the description the realtor wrote.

WOW!! Completely renovated inside and out. Offers Living room/ dining room, master suite downstairs, 3 bedrooms, 1 bath upstairs, laundry room off kitchen and privacy fenced yard. Must see!!

To me, what stands out at first glance from the description, it looks to be a 3 bed 1 bath home. It is a 4 bedroom and 2 bath home. To me, "completely renovated" doesn't build value like actually saying new roof, a/c, windows, appliances, flooring, cabinets, counters, etc etc.

I know I don't like it when people tell me how to do my job. Should I ask that the description be changed?

Last edited:

coposrv

Established Member
The first time I read it at a glance it looks like a 3bdrm 1 bath. I don't like telling others how to do their job either, but, the description sucks. I would change that. The rest seems ok.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I one of my homes on the market a couple weeks ago and have had very little traffic. The home has been completely gone through and everything is new. It is priced about $7 a square foot cheaper than other homes in the area. This is the description the realtor wrote.

To me, what stands out at first glance from the description, it looks to be a 3 bed 1 bath home. It is a 4 bedroom and 2 bath home. To me, "completely renovated" doesn't build value like actually saying new roof, a/c, windows, appliances, flooring, cabinets, counters, etc etc.

I know I don't like it when people tell me how to do my job. Should I ask that the description be changed?

They work for you, don't feel bad about having them change it.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
As somebody who has been in the market for 3 months and has looked at EVERYTHING in my price range within 15 minutes of where I am now, I can tell you that first glance is everything. I saw 3 bed 1 bath. Get the listing changed. It will sell. The house I hope to close on by next Monday only got my interest because it had "3 bed, 2 bath, 2 car garage" in the first sentence.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
Just ask her to change it... nicely of course. It helps her if it sells too. If she's any good, she'll know right away you're right. I too, thought it was 3 bed/1 bath at first glance.

Users who are viewing this thread