Anyone else's Mach showing it's age?

04DSGAZMACH

Established Member
My Mach is 8 years old with 94K on the clock and I have began to notice some things. First the suspension is real rough, when I hit bumps I hear a external rattle from the passenger side. Next when I have the A/C on I am getting an annoying squeaking sound from the dash and it appears to be the cowl panel rubbing on the windshield (My 02 GT did the same thing). Next the passenger door as a rattle right next to where it meets with the back panel. Finally I just noticed today that when I am braking right around 30mph down to 15mph there is a rattle and the brake pedal pulsates a little bit. Anyone else have these issues? I plan on changing shock/struts soon with SVE lowering springs to hopefully soften up the ride a bit. I plan to try and get the rotors turned to alleviate the pulsating pedal and potentially get rid of the rattle. The other two I am at a loss for :shrug:

Also the drivers and passengers interior door skin is beginning to delaminate and the dor cups/handles are very lose.

Last edited:

MachJoe

Established Member
My A/C does the same thing. I've only had the car for 2 months now though and have 49k miles.

01stallion

ford guy
Established Member
My parents have an orange 04, 127000 on the clock. Rattles like hell whenever on the brakes. I just jacked it up and im either gonna get the rotors turned or buy new ones. the tires are cupped on the inside. Im wondering if it needs all new front suspension, I checked for movement by hand , everything seems tight. gonna put some grease in the wheel bearing, its about bone dry. AC still blows its ass off, only other sign of wear is the front and back bumpers and the side scoops are real faded from being in the sun.

01stallion

ford guy
Established Member
oh and the abs sensor i bad, so the light stays on all the time. I think the part is crazy expensive.

04DSGAZMACH

Established Member
Doesn't that A/C thing drive you crazy? It drives me nuts! Good call on greasing the wheel bearings, I think I might do the same thing. I'm hoping when I do the suspension work the softer ride will make some of the rattles go away. The roads here in Tucson are garbage, might as well be driving on a dirt road if you know what I mean.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Pre-S197 cars have rattles. There's no point in fighting it. A chassis from the 70's will never be rattle-free.

Turn the stereo up and Mach on.

hurikane85

Established Member
my mach started doing the same stuff even after 35k miles....my 03 cobra did not though, i think the better ride of the irs saves the car from alot of the future rattle can clanging....love the mach 1! just won't own another 94-04 stang again...unless its a 03 cobra...the ones with live axles eventually become like worn out shoes..and really no reversing it

04DSGAZMACH

Established Member
Usually I have the stereo turned up but my GF doesn't like it loud lol. Eventually I am hoping when I get exhaust and new suspension it will tune it out and make some of it disappear.

04DSGAZMACH

Established Member
Hey Mach Joe I fixed the squeak from the A/C but don't laugh at the fix because it worked. I took some thin card stock paper and folded a thin strip over a couple times and placed it underneath the wiper cowl right where the circle bump is (I think it is the A/C condensor) and the noise is gone plus you can't see it so no one will know its there. Just thought I'd pass it on to you to see if it helps you out.

Users who are viewing this thread