Anyone else use your L to tow a trailer?

BOSS LX

Established Member
I use mine to tow my Mustang. Even with the drop shackles, it tows great! Anyone else use theirs as a tow vehicle?

Im Blown

deployed to the sandbox.
Established Member
Yeah, I pull my mobile detailing rig with 100 gallon H2O tank, power generator, pressure washer, shop-vac, etc... daily, and mine is lowered 3/4 via custom coils/djm shackles -one leaf
-Joshua
btw love that mustang

Last edited:

red-light

I see the light
Established Member
i use mine to tow my 19ft boat...well i did once so far.... worked fine. next summer it will be towing it every weekend

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Yes, and mileage sucked a whooping 9.5mpg (for the record my Liberty gets 19.5mpg towing the same amount of weight)
LCSVT2.jpg

BOSS LX

Established Member
Im Blown said:
Yeah, I pull my mobile detailing rig with 100 gallon H2O tank, power generator, pressure washer, shop-vac, etc... daily, and mine is lowered 3/4 via custom coils/djm shackles -one leaf
-Joshua
btw love that mustang

Thanks!

Any pics of your trailer?

mickey03L

Just the normal bolt ons
Established Member
yep 14x5 ft trailer for 4wheeler and have pulled my buddys car trailer few times to track hauling a mustang

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
It can't be that bad for the average tow applications, smaller boats and car trailers.

I've seen a GMC Jimmy towing what I would've figured to be a +25 foot boat, I wouldn't want to be infront of that guy if he had to brake in a real hurry. I think the Ls can handle pulling and stopping just fine what the truck is rated to tow, unless you guys are talking about 5th wheels...

WesTexLightning

Established Member
BBF 429 with a berkly pump so far its been to 60 mph but that was at 4500 RPM hopes to get it to push up to 6000 with the cam set up i have just need more fuel

SVT Physicist

Fellow Believer in Ford
Established Member
Well, I tow my boat at its 22 ft... and makes a bigger wake than both your boats combined! Mastercraft X-Star with full ballast plus some extra sacs and drinks to make one massive wake.

red-light

I see the light
Established Member
SVT Physicist said:
Well, I tow my boat at its 22 ft... and makes a bigger wake than both your boats combined! Mastercraft X-Star with full ballast plus some extra sacs and drinks to make one massive wake.
nice........we do some tube-n......on an 80's style pink tube, that chit is funny.

TruBluLightning

Sellout
Established Member
I towed a friend of mines Lightning down to Texas to get the new engine put in. The combined trailer and truck were close to 6,000lbs and my truck did fine. Trailer had no brakes though which made stopping a trailer that weighed more than the truck a challenge. Horrible gas milage as well. Somewhere between 8-9mpg

Users who are viewing this thread