Anyone else still ride little kid bikes (dirt jump vid)

A84gt

A quick little vid I threw together of me and a few buddies riding trails. I'm the first goon in the red shirt. Filmed and edited via iPhone 5s with olloclip lens and iMovie
[video=youtube_share;c-Td0RCGXpM]http://youtu.be/c-Td0RCGXpM[/video]

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
Nice - love it! Keep doing it! I used to ride vert on my 20" back in the day. Went to Woodward many years in a row and loved it. Now, I mainly ride a 26 and 29er on the trails. A quick vid of my buddy and me doing the trails in White Clay (DE). It gets fun around 4:30.

http://youtu.be/Q47BKh7kO0Y

Last edited:

A84gt

Ya I used to race bmx pretty competitively back in the day. Now I hit the track and trails just for fun. Although now I am laid up on the couch with intense muscular swelling in my calf from a wreck earlier that day, I don't bounce back like I used to

tkeinia

Established Member
I have been thinking of getting a bike to ride around park trails, more for health reason and to help lose some weight. not to go do carzy jumps, im to old and the first fall and im staying there,lol.

A84gt

I have been thinking of getting a bike to ride around park trails, more for health reason and to help lose some weight. not to go do carzy jumps, im to old and the first fall and im staying there,lol.
I'd suggest a nice hard tail 29 inch wheeled bike, their are plenty of options out there that won't break the bank too bad and the larger diameter wheels make them a joy to cruise around on

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
I keep saying Im going to get back into dirt jumping, yet never do lol. Raced BMX for a long time, and got out of it shortly after being able to drive. How is it jumping the bigger bikes compared to a 20''??

A84gt

I keep saying Im going to get back into dirt jumping, yet never do lol. Raced BMX for a long time, and got out of it shortly after being able to drive. How is it jumping the bigger bikes compared to a 20''??

It's a different animal that's for sure but it's a nice change, the bike is just overall more user friendly. Less twitchy and more stable, I really enjoy it

03cobraracer

Established Member
I used to ride bmx as well for years, went to woodward once, rode tons of street, trails, anything really. I stopped around when I was 19 or so and im 30 now. I've been looking at it again lately though I wanna get back into it, little cheaper of a hobby then buying car parts and its fun. I might order a bike pretty soon, im gonna get a 21in bmx though.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
It's a different animal that's for sure but it's a nice change, the bike is just overall more user friendly. Less twitchy and more stable, I really enjoy it

I noticed that the bigger bikes always looked alot more stable in alot of videos. Been out of the game so long now, can you jump a 29'er hardtail?

tkeinia

Established Member
thanks for the info, i will have to look at them. any suggestions on brand and where to buy. should i stay away from the walmart stuff and go to bike shop or walmart ok?

A84gt

I noticed that the bigger bikes always looked alot more stable in alot of videos. Been out of the game so long now, can you jump a 29'er hardtail?

I mean you could hit some mellow jumps on them I'm sure, but it would probly get pretty sketchy off of anything with an aggressive lip. You are just limited on ear triangle lent and stand over height with the larger wheels

brandonflood123

Established Member
just sold my bike. i rode alot at the anthills houston, and 9th street in austin, as far as trails go. i had a 2010 wtp envy

Dave_6

Established Member
Been wanting to get another bike here lately just to cruise the neighborhood on. Haven't owned or ridden one since I was 16 (I'm 35 now). I'm either going to try to find a 20" GT from the mid/late 90s (aka midschool) or I'm going to buy and build a new 24". I have considered building a new 20" though as I've never ridden a 24" and I don't want it to feel too big.

I found this site last year and it got me hooked all over again on wanting a bike: http://bmxmuseum.com/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread