PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
image.jpeg

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Self driving autonomous vehicles being the norm are much more than twenty years away. Battery powered vehicles outnumbering conventional vehicles on the roads is probably over twenty years away.
And finally, the day when people can no longer drive their hot rods or what have you on the roads is beyond our lifetime away. I have consulted with Merlin on this who provided me with this credible information.

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Seriously man. Ya, I get the tech and the possible benefits. But lets be honest. So the "man" sits down the the big automakers and says "hey, we want to make self driving cars mandatory". You think the automakers will just say ok? No, they'll say the government has to cover every single claim arising from accidents from these self driving cars. Plus, they'll just grease the politicians up with some money or something....like whores that don't complain about sexual assault.

I think it's going to be the other way around. The mfg will take the lead on autonomous vehicles and the guberment will increasingly regulate it as the technology progresses. That is until the first really bad accident between a robot and a human occurs which will send Chuck Schumer and Elizabeth Warren on a crusade to get human drivers off the road.

This doesn't bode well for the Corvette or any performance car for that matter. Imagine getting into one with no steering wheel. At that point we are all "passengers".

I made a statement on a post not long ago that the days of hot rodding are numbered which was dismissed as utter non-sense. I wouldn't be so sure of that. Even gas station could go extinct it's going to be a brave new world out there and probably sooner than you think. In 10 years the driving environment will be very different than it is now.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I don't like drive by wire, much less automated vehicles with a mind of their own. I will stick to my gas powered horseless carriage with with real cables, brakes, and steering input. I also enjoy the feel of a clutch and gear shift.

I must be getting old in my young age.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ObieFox

Established Member
Basic economics will win the day. Older cars will not be outlawed but Insurance providers will make it prohibitively expensive to drive your own car once the autonomous systems are up and running.

PonyGlued

350R wannabe
Established Member
Well it sure is gonna suck in 20 Year’s
So

Attachments

• BFC85A0F-5AD0-46F6-9EC9-B8C0966843E2.png
    BFC85A0F-5AD0-46F6-9EC9-B8C0966843E2.png
    133.7 KB · Views: 237
  • 660D9D87-2F9D-426E-83B1-514B329F09DB.png
    660D9D87-2F9D-426E-83B1-514B329F09DB.png
    149.8 KB · Views: 242

fotontom

Established Member
Laugh if we want, bury our heads in the ground if we want. Truth is that fossil fueled cars are dying quick. The next GT500 development program really came to a slow, conspicuous and quiet stop, did it not? Where's all the hype that was around 12 months ago? Just read today that China is BANNING the sale of fossil-fueled vehicles in Beijing after 2020. That's two years away, and it was published in the trade journal, Automotive News. This is the next largest market for autos in the WORLD making these rules. So, with all our own hype about who is in the White House, it all comes down to politics. Was there in 1975 when the world changed, so give it some thought.

PonyGlued

350R wannabe
Established Member
Yes no doubt it the end is coming. The individual in the market has to realize that in all likely hood his prize will have 0.00 value in 15 years.
The big unknown is will there be tracks available for us diehards.
Personally I’m I longer looking for a replacment for Baby, I’m just going to drive the heck out of her.
I may when I get back to NY buy a new 5.0 or even the eco boost

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Laugh if we want, bury our heads in the ground if we want. Truth is that fossil fueled cars are dying quick. The next GT500 development program really came to a slow, conspicuous and quiet stop, did it not?
I don't know,.....did it? It's rumored to make a debut next month.
What about the Raptor then? What about the new ZL1, the ZR1, the ZL-1LE, the Demon, the Hellcats, the GT350(R) cars, and the C7 Corvettes? Why would these beasts keep coming out if the gubberment is trying to delete them?

PonyGlued

350R wannabe
Established Member
Well I think they are still coming because Chevy for example needs to keep her people working.
So when the robot is agreed on the manufactures will switch over

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread