Anyone else saving for a GT500?

Jwilliams

Resident Pimp
Established Member
So I was playing around with photoshop the last couple of nights and now I really like the look of the new GT500s. They are going to have insane mod possibilities just like the 03-04s with even more benefits. All my paychecks are now goin towards one.. anyone else? :thumbsup:

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
It's hard for me to even fathom selling mine. All the work, tlc, money invested and hours of fun this car has given me make it hard to even consider selling. I currently have a car that's paid off, faster than a stock '03/'04 Cobra, handles better (upgraded suspension on the way)will make more power than an '07 Cobra and is easy on insurance; what more could i ask for! :banana:

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
COBRASVT said:
My plans are for a 2007 to be purchased in 2010. :rockon:

Pretty close to my plan but I'm also still going to build my current project in the mean time.

96SVT_2_NV

Established Member
SVTclutch said:
I think im going to buy a 03 04 cobra first

my thoughts exactly, i bet the GT500 will be $45-50K and thats a little out of my range, but then again maybe they will keep it under 40 and ill have to look at it, so other possibilities are 03/04 with low miles for half the price, or 02 z06 for a lil more then half the price

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Not me. I'll mod my car to crush the new cobra and save money in the process. For $40k I can have one helluva car.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
Not me. I'll mod my car to crush the new cobra and save money in the process. For $40k I can have one helluva car.

My thoughts exactly. My next car will be a truck.

pottsy

Established Member
I won't sell this car until I can buy a C6 or a 911. I hope to never sell this car and possibly turn it into a weekend track or cruise car when I buy another car. The new GT500 looks insane, but my next car is going to be something other than Ford just to get a nice "change" (I have had a Mustang since I was 15). That will not happen for a few years though...

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
pottsy said:
I won't sell this car until I can buy a C6 or a 911. I hope to never sell this car and possibly turn it into a weekend track or cruise car when I buy another car. The new GT500 looks insane, but my next car is going to be something other than Ford just to get a nice "change" (I have had a Mustang since I was 15). That will not happen for a few years though...

My sentiments exactly. I always hear about people who regret selling this or that, I'm not looking to be one of those people because I know I'd regret selling this car, especially with it being my first car.

Hopefully I'll buy some cheap, easy on the gas 4 banger to drive daily and then I'm saving to save for a C2 Corvette. I grew up around vintage Vettes and have wanted one for ever.

PJM99

Established Member
nope

rather get an M3 or S4. The new Cobra is nice and all but still built with ancient technology and cheap parts.

Poisonos

Established Member
I'm going to wait and see how they look in person first. Until then I'm going to concentrate on my current car. I would like to finish it first before buying a new one. This one will always be my baby though. My 500 RWHP horsepower monster that sits in the garage and only comes out on nice sunny days.

93KingCobra

Established Member
Jwilliams said:
So I was playing around with photoshop the last couple of nights and now I really like the look of the new GT500s. They are going to have insane mod possibilities just like the 03-04s with even more benefits. All my paychecks are now goin towards one.. anyone else? :thumbsup:

Good when you get your 07 you can sell me you car... :-D

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
I will be graduating in Dec of '06 so that's pretty convienent. I'll wait for the first few runs of '07s come out....knowing Ford and the problems they've been having with the "new" stuff. ;-)

Here's how I'll be ordering mine..... :bowdown:

07cobra2.jpg

Last edited:

Wildpony

Established Member
I'll probably get an '08 if Ford and the dealers don't get stupid with the pricing. Anything under $45K sticker plus the ability to use the "A" plan discount and I think my new one will be either a blue or silverish color w/black interior..

TXRickC

Established Member
was thinking about it, but plan is to get a 1995 'R' by my 30th B-day next year. Will have the money to do so by the end of '05, and that'll give me some time to find the right one :)

Users who are viewing this thread