Anyone else planning on staying stock power?

NJredfire03

Established Member
I understand that SVTP is mainly for people to research mods, troubleshoot issues brought on by mods, or just connecting with like minded individuals. So I might be in the minority here. But I've had the car for a year and I've done three minor mods. MGW Gen 2, Steeda clutch assist spring, FRPP res delete tube. I'll be getting the FRPP solid clutch line in real soon. And that's all I plan on doing. I want to make sure I can put it back to stock if I want. Is there anyone else on here that's happy with the cars power from factory? I'm just trying to improve driving experience. The power is great where it is IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imatk

Established Member
I understand that SVTP is mainly for people to research mods, troubleshoot issues brought on by mods, or just connecting with like minded individuals. So I might be in the minority here. But I've had the car for a year and I've done three minor mods. MGW Gen 2, Steeda clutch assist spring, FRPP res delete tube. I'll be getting the FRPP solid clutch line in real soon. And that's all I plan on doing. I want to make sure I can put it back to stock if I want. Is there anyone else on here that's happy with the cars power from factory? I'm just trying to improve driving experience. The power is great where it is IMO.

I don't have a 2013, but my 2007 has the TVS blower on it and it's only putting out 605hp according to FRPP... honestly I can't even use 605hp.

I have a smaller pulley sitting in a box that I'll likely never use because... just more tire spin :/

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member

Stock power level is pretty incredible in these cars. Coming from a whippled terminator to my 2014 feels like a step up. But I hear many say some simple bolt ons plus a tune make it a completely new animal. All personal preference and how important you think it is to be able to make a car stock again... For whatever reason. I'm sitting with just a Borla S-Type Axle back and an intake resonator delete, but something like a revan racing 13-6 kit is awfully tempting. I don't think I will ever pulley my car however.

NJredfire03

Established Member
Stock power level is pretty incredible in these cars. Coming from a whippled terminator to my 2014 feels like a step up. But I hear many say some simple bolt ons plus a tune make it a completely new animal. All personal preference and how important you think it is to be able to make a car stock again... For whatever reason. I'm sitting with just a Borla S-Type Axle back and an intake resonator delete, but something like a revan racing 13-6 kit is awfully tempting. I don't think I will ever pulley my car however.

I don't think I ever want to tune the car. I came from a pulley only 03 cobra. This power is amazing. It's controllable and I don't NEED a DR to keep the tires from spinning. Only other things I would consider are simple suspension pieces and an axle back. Things that can easily be returned back to stock.

Wharf Rat

Established Member
I've had mine for over 2 years and only have 3.73s and a tune. Only reason I got the tune is that I needed a tuner to calibrate the speedo after the gears so I did a Lund tune while I was at it. This car has way more power than I need (but I like having it).

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
Won't be keeping mine stock, but this is my first car where I don't feel the urgency to mod right away. When I bought my 2010 GT500 new, it felt like a turd compared to my previous KB '03 terminator and built KB '02 GT. I'm actually impressed with the way this one feels stock. But of course, I want more than that.

DeadStang

Established Member
Just about 100% stock for me...I'm putting the base wheels w/Nittos on my PP/TP '13, but other than that--completely factory. Plenty of power and performance as is IMO.

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
My 2013 is stock except for the airaid intake filter. My warranty just expired and next week I'll be taking my car to the shop to change the rear gear ratio to 3.73. Other than that, I don't think I'll be doing anything else to the car since it has more power than I'll ever need although I've been considering changing the TB to the 65mm FRPP without a tune. From what I've read, that's good for some 25-27 extra hp without a tune.

NJredfire03

Established Member
Just about 100% stock for me...I'm putting the base wheels w/Nittos on my PP/TP '13, but other than that--completely factory. Plenty of power and performance as is IMO.

I will also be changing tires. But that just comes with wear on the factory ones. All the other stuff I've done, going to do is just to improve overall drivability. The MGW and the clutch spring has made regular street driving a hell of a lot more enjoyable. And who doesn't want to hear the wee wee wee of the blower? RIGHT?! Hahaha.

It seems like a lot of 03-04 cobra guys have turned to GT500's. I mean, that's not a shock for me. My goal with my 03 was 600rwhp. Never came close. And my GT500 dyno'd 575/602 absolutely stock. Man, that's more than enough for me. I don't beat on it every time I take it out. So when I do, it still gets my heart rate way up.

And honestly, I plan on keeping this car for the long haul. I'll protect my investment by keeping certain things factory.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Had already modded the 11, so when the 14 showed up, it felt a little tame.
..................( didn't want the 14 to be the slow one )

fotontom

Established Member
Totally fine with the stock power. I do have 4.10's that are waiting for the warranty to expire.

Ablaze

Established Member
From stock I've been very happy with my 14. I wanted some minor tweaks for a while; louder supercharger, louder exhaust, slightly better takeoff around town, but I know that's the 3.31s. If I could get that without a tune then I would but I went with the 13-6 kit (no pulley yet) and a h-pipe. I'm hoping that will get me where I want to be. Otherwise I'll go to 3.73s before I do anything else and call it a day.

svt662

Established Member
My 2013 has under 900 miles on it and is 100% stock! Never had the seat time with stock power so no need to mod it but an extra 100 h.p. would be nice....:burnout::burnout::burnout:

Kel

Established Member

Stock power level is (was :) ) incredible for these cars. However, modifying with a tune, pulley, TB and other minor mods really wakes up the car and it drives as before until you put the pedal down. Most people that do it eventually say, "What took me so long to mod?!". Great thing is you have the option of keeping stock, modding and/or returning to stock relatively easily.

Clemson

Established Member
Suspension pieces, res delete are it so far. Will be adding corsa and mgw along with light weight rad support. Not touching the motor. Tires at some point. Done.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
I'm basically at stock power (a little more I guess), but running a tune because of my ORX.

My mods have basically been suspension related as I feel the car can't even put down the power it has now so making more just ends up turning the car into a dyno queen.

My next round of mods (planning it out now) will be to reduce the weight at the front of the car (thinking smaller battery, rad support brace and K member). That'll get about 60+ pounds off the front.

Blk98Slobra

Established Member
All I have is FR resonator delete, FR quad axle back, FR 65 mm TB and Airraid air filter. Plenty of power for me, next round of mods will be upgraded HE (hot ass South Texas weather), tires, and suspension. I may do 3.73's as well but we'll see haha.

NJredfire03

Established Member
Suspension pieces, res delete are it so far. Will be adding corsa and mgw along with light weight rad support. Not touching the motor. Tires at some point. Done.

Outside the rad support, we have the same idea.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
I just bought a 4 year extended warranty for mine and it will remain stock except for corsa extreme mufflers, springs, and drag radials. I had a 12 gt I dumped over 25k before I bought this car that made 687rwhp and built from front to back except motor. Only problem was things start breaking once u start modding. Rearend, tranny, ect. (If you drag race). Plus I realized you don't get nearly back for the mods u do when u do decide to sell. Just not worth it to me with this car, if the motor goes it's not a cheap coyote motor. You're looking at 25k for a new one with a block. As I get older the drag strip just doesn't do it for me like it used to. It was fun while I did it but I was always holding my breath wondering what was going to break. Putting a tune on the car and a few bolt ons yeah is a cheap extra 50-100hp but when do u ever really use it on the street. And anything more than 600-700hp for the street is overkill imo.

Users who are viewing this thread