Anyone else kill their clutch yet

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Took the snake in for her 10K scheduled maint (did it early just rolled 9K mi today). today and told my service writer about my increasing shifting problems. I'd already been told my pressure plate was about to go on permenant vacation by a different dealer when they were fixing my drivers seat. I was shocked when he told me without hesitation to go ahead and have the parts dept order one under warranty and shedule the job. I asked about my LT's, his answer was no charge just bring new gaskets. Still in shock I asked again, "no money out of pocket". He replied, "that's correct". Gotta love premium care warranties :-D . One more mm wear on my brakes and those get replaced for free as well :-D . I was goning to get an aftermarket clutch but heck I figure I'll stick with the free one for now. So is 9K going to be the average for these clutches when they're being "exercised" or should I ban my wife completely from driveing the car? :shrug:

Brad

Banned
What the hell do you do to your car to kill the clutch after 9k??? I drove my 01 cobra like a jerk for months and months and the clutch was still grabbing like perfect after 20,000 miles. The 03's clutch should last alot longer than 9k!

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by ox03
Was it John Fidelibus at Galpin? BTW, must be the wife =>)

Marc Croft, he hasn't treated me wrong yet.

It's my wifes fault and I'll deny anything else. Seriously though she does ride the clutch. She's one of those nut's you see at the stoplight rocking the car back and fourth and she'll always keep her foot on the clutch when out of gear. I'm the opposite, if it's out of gear than my foots no where near the clutch. Also if I drive the car after her third never want's to co-operate. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread