Anyone else her build model cars?

Teal94BirdV8

5.0 HO
Established Member
Heres what I do when I ain't working on the Thunderbird. Probably tinkering with some plastic and a dremmel.

Heres my latest project: Hybrid 1996 Dodge Ram, 8.0L V10, 6 speed tranny, IFS, 4x4...
dsc01667.jpg

My almost award winning Jeep. Placed 9th out of 45 in a contest.
watermark.php

And heres some other Ford stuff...
watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

dsc01601.jpg

:thumbsup:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
How'd you come up with what appears to be 4 lug Y2K R wheels?

Ever seen a Fox Lx hatch? I can come up with a GT, but I'd love to have an LX.

They all look good. I've never had the patience to sit there and do the ultra detailed stuff.

Saleen Explorer

Established Member
The others are cool, but that Ram and Jeep are badass. Did the kit's come like that, or did you make the suspensions/lift to flex like that yourself. That model Jeep has more flex then probably 98% of suv owners have ever done lol :thumbsup:

I haven't built many, have abunch of Franklin Mints and others though. Still have an RC10 T2 rc truck that I built way back in 8th grade like 8 or so years ago, have it setup for street use, but modified a set of massive Clodbuster rims/tires to fit it, truck looks so funny with those size tires but will tear it up offroad.

Last edited:

Teal94BirdV8

5.0 HO
Established Member
I get my models from my hobby store, or online (ebay, modelexpress.com, bes1hobbies.com, ehobbies.com etc). The 4-Lug Cobra R's came from a Revell Ford SVT Focus. I do know of a palce where you can get a LX notch, but you can build the LX Hatch with the same kit as the GT (For the Gunmetal/Silver one), as the GT body panels are optional.

Oh yeah, the Jeep came with a real flexing suspension (For $30, it should..). I just...did a little tweaking to it, and added on larger tires. The Dodge has a completly custom built front suspension, with a stock rear axle, and re-arched leaf springs.

Here are some of my other lifted trucks:
watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited:

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
Ive built some models and sure as hell wish they came out half as good as those, although my fast back in my opinion came out good

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Will you please guide me as to what kits I would need to create an LX hatch? The GT's that I have seen only come with the GT front/rear valance.

Labinnac

El Chimpo Grande!
Established Member
I've been into it sicne I was a kid. Took a while off and did wargame miniatures mostly but got back into models in the last 5 years or so. I have a bunch of kits in various stages of assembly. Most are done to the point where I have to paint something. I've been taking a break from it until I get motivated to get an airbrush though. From what I see the paint quality is far better.

Users who are viewing this thread