Anyone else have vibration problems with Spec clutches?

99FiveOh

Established Member
I've had my car for a week now and since I got it there's been a RPM related vibration that comes on at around 4500 and gets worse as the revs climb. It sucks because I can't really enjoy any WOT blasts yet! Anyway, I was googling up on what the cause could be and discovered a lot of complaints regarding Spec clutches causing vibrations. I didn't have the car before the clutch was replaced so I can't comment on how it felt before but I did take a peak through the clutch fork cover and saw a brand new Spec clutch. Not sure what stage it is but it looks like the stage 2 pics.

Either way it's back at the Ford dealership where I bought it and they are taking care of it but I'm still wondering what it could be. Apparently they are going to swap in a new OEM clutch and flywheel and hope that cures it. The engine runs so smooth at idle you can't even tell it's running! The car has 83k miles btw.

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
I have a spec stage 3 in my car. I haven't had any vibrations from it that are bad enough to mention. It is really hard to press in and releases extremely close to the floor which I don't like because it feels like I'm dumping the clutch every time.

sonicblew

Established Member
vibration isn't normal for mine. smooth here.
stage 3 plus. The "plus" is very important! From my understanding the others are like described. This one is the exception, it drives great. Very much like a stock clutch. I never have chatter and it's not any harder to press or noticeably harder to press than stock.
I have 8K miles on it with every kind of driving and its never given me a single issue and drives like it did 5 years ago.
i have 700 rwhp and 645 rwtq with no slipping at all or in this case vibrations

Last edited:

Yulla

SVT Noob
Established Member
I have a spec stage 3 in my car. I haven't had any vibrations from it that are bad enough to mention. It is really hard to press in and releases extremely close to the floor which I don't like because it feels like I'm dumping the clutch every time.

A firewall adjuster will solve that, not sure if you have one.

99FiveOh

Established Member
Just to update. The dealership swapped in a new oem clutch and flywheel and all is well now.

Users who are viewing this thread