Anyone else have problems with..

FordChick

One Quik Chick
Established Member
1. Any of you had problems with sagging doors?

I think my driver side door is sagging, and I need to adjust it. I've noticed a couple small scratches on my doors sill plate. It's driving me nuts.
My husband thinks I'm crazy, but I know my truck. Is this normal?

2. Also, I have a small drip of water coming from the A pillar when it rains really hard. I'm thinking maybe my seals are bad? Weird? Going to take it all apart and see where its coming from. Just thought I would ask around.
When I first bought the truck I had to get Ford to replace the back window seal, because it was leaking. I mean really are they that bad?

MEL

opie99

Established Member
sounds to me like your door hinges are wearing out, i know for my mustang you can buy new bushings and pin to help with sagging doors. open the door and lift up on the door and you should be able to tell if its the hinges are loose or not.

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
Wow, Ive gotta say, thats the first time I heard that. But like you said, you know your truck. You're not crazy, just like every other Lightning owner here..lol

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
Interesting.. I have had 3 of these trucks and some with VERY high miles.. never heard of this.. But anything is possible.. maybe someone wasn't so gentle with letting the door fly open?? Replace the parts and see what happens.. only other thing i can think of is that if the door was replaced at some point if the hinges weren't tightened up properly when they reinstalled the door.. ?!

Users who are viewing this thread