Anyone else getting stage 4 porting job done?

Tman

Established Member
Sometime in the middle of February once I get the clutch, flywheel and 26 spine shaft done Im thinking of getting the Steg stage 4 done. It should be fun hooking on the streets with street tires and 4.10s on,hehe!
The thing Im debating is-for an extra couple of grand I can get a brand new whipple! I dont race at the track that much either but I do like to stomp on it once a while. What would you do? :beer:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
:pop:

I'm weighing this as well. Seems the steig 4 requires most of the same supporting mods. Also, how long will it be before I tell myself I need more power. Like that has ever happened :rolleyes:

Tman

Established Member
I remember when I got the car first I was just gonna lower it and THATS IT,hehe! Once I got the cai it was over and modding began. I sure like the whipple though, do you race a lot? :thumbsup:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
No, not much. just the occasional Friday night Test & Tune. Love a good 2nd gear pull onto the highway though.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
KB or Whipple! I just sold my ported eaton to buy another KB. The ported blower didn't even touch my car. :dw:

Tman

Established Member
Just an update, an opportunity to buy a KB if the buyer backs out. I will know by the end of next week, its the 17 psi polished version.
Will let you guys know later! :thumbsup:

crizzut

Established Member
I'll be getting my brand new W140AX whipple for 2900 soon.....I hope. If I were you I'd skip the stage four, save money, and look into a whipple. PM FORDSVTPARTS, I talked to Steve, they've got the best prices around.......under 3k :beer:

WOLFGANGSTA

Banned
I've got the same dillema right now. Save the extra money and go with ported stage 4, or go ahead and get a Whipple. I read a thread a while back and everyone that had a port and went with a KB or Whipple wished that they bypassed the port and went straight to buying the new supercharger.........Decisions....decisions!

Tman

Established Member
In the long ran it would save as cash for sure, the thing that makes it a bit easier for me is that Im keeping the car for at least another 2-3 years no matter how good the new cobra will be so I can fully enjoy what ever the potential of the car would be without jumping into a new one. I wanna see some 10s slips in the vert,hehe. Also I dont want to put any nos, even a small shot in it.
The kb unit would be around 2800 if the guy backs out so will see. If he does then 2900 for the new whipple sounds awesome!! :thumbsup:

04torchred

Established Member
I am thinking about it, but not sure if I will have funds this spring. One year left at University and then I can start spending and having fun. I will probably do a Ported eaton instead of a twin screw because I really wanna do a turbo kit. Not sure on single or twin yet, but I think for only having access to 91 octane that turbos are the way to go to run around with 700+rwhp on pump and that is what I want.

Tman

Established Member
Turbos-mmmmmmmm!! I thought about a single as well but kb will run me a bit less since I already spended too much on the car as is,hehe. One of the guys that I know is trying to do a custom one himself so that will be interesting. :thumbsup:

04torchred

Established Member
Yeah, if you can get a KB don't even waste the money on a Stage IV port. Just spin it up around 17psi. I will get a turbo kit, just wanna do some research and wait for numbers/funds. I wanna do a stroker shortblock at the same time so it is probably a couple years out still. Should be fun when it is done.

While I am saving money I think a ported eaton with spray will hold me over!

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Mmmm Turbo. I want a Hellion kit very badly but think i'll just throw a 2.93 pulley on for now and be happy for a bit. Save cash and decide what I really want for the car. I dont want to build it a bunch of times. Just once and the way I want.

04torchred

Established Member
Special Blend said:
Mmmm Turbo. I want a Hellion kit very badly but think i'll just throw a 2.93 pulley on for now and be happy for a bit. Save cash and decide what I really want for the car. I dont want to build it a bunch of times. Just once and the way I want.

Ain't that the truth. A lot of people toss away money on stuff they really don't want or need for future plans. I agree my car is just getting a pulley in the spring and a catless prochamber.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
04torchred said:
Ain't that the truth. A lot of people toss away money on stuff they really don't want or need for future plans. I agree my car is just getting a pulley in the spring and a catless prochamber.

Ya I picked up a 2.93 pulley and a belt for a good price. I'll just throw it on this spring along with the heat exchanger I picked up, get a quick tune with my predator and smile away.
I got a guy sending me up a set of 18x9 and 18x10.5 AFS wheels so they should look good. I dont think there are too many guys north of the border with these and I sold my stock rims so it all works out. Just a little extra for the upgrade.

Tman

Established Member
Im with you on that one guys, thats why I know whatever decision I will make I will be stuck with it since money doesnt come easy these days,hehe. Have to think of other bills before modding especially that it isnt the only car I owe.
I will know by tonight whether the buyer backed out or not and if he did Im getting the kb if not then off it goes for a porting job,hehe.
Let me know how the catless prochamber works for ya! :beer:

04torchred

Established Member
Yeah I would love to have 18's for sure especially the 10.5" rear. Ah well there is always next year, pulley and midpipe should be fun for a while.

TMAN - I will let you know how the prochamber is. Try and grab some video clips.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
04torchred said:
Yeah I would love to have 18's for sure especially the 10.5" rear. Ah well there is always next year, pulley and midpipe should be fun for a while.

TMAN - I will let you know how the prochamber is. Try and grab some video clips.

I know of a Apten ported blower for sale in Edmonton that made 500wrhp with a 2.8 pulley that is for sale. I can check how much they want i you would like.

Users who are viewing this thread