Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

RangerDLA

Established Member
4070a0772ca7f987c1fbd17ea25999eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
It is nice to see that the stripes are now an option. The painted over the top stripes look like a good investment.
I think they were for the '13-'14 GT500 as well? Same with the GT350 cars, I think?
I would go with the painted stripes as opposed to the vinyl stripes on the new GT500.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I think they were for the '13-'14 GT500 as well? Same with the GT350 cars, I think?
I would go with the painted stripes as opposed to the vinyl stripes on the new GT500.

The 13-14 GT500 came standard with the stripes, deleting them was an option (46D). No painted stripe option.
I don't have any info on the GT350 options.

BAS

Established Member
Sorry. That sheet was up in August of last year so god only knows if it’s true. Looks a little low on power and fat tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RBB

Established Member
Very cool that painted stripes are an option. The lack of a manual option, however, is very disappointing. The price with ADM is going to be very high, I’d take a Z06 all day over this.

csc427

Established Member
Holy shit dude, are you serious? Re-read what I wrote. Your ability to completely misunderstand everything is amazing.

But please, continue on. Go with it that this is not a track oriented car.
Sorry. That sheet was up in August of last year so god only knows if it’s true. Looks a little low on power and fat tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
was proven to be fake

Snoopy49

Established Member
This car appears designed with the same intentions as the 13/14, with a track pack available for those wishing to make it track capable. (I mean, if it really was aimed at the track to start with, would a track pack for a track car really be an option???)

Doesn't seem aimed at the track any more than the last ones we had.

Still zero info other than between line remarks.

I don't remember receiving a complimentary Track Attack high-performance driving session when I bought my 2013 GT500? It seems to come standard with the purchase of a 2020 GT500.

csc427

Established Member
GT350 stripes are vinyl
My local dealership got a 13 gt500 when they came out. I went to check it out in person. The cheap vinyl stripe was interrupted in the middle of the front bumper and a new piece mated to it. Was off about a mm. While this doesn’t sound like a lot, it sure was a poor showing for a car with a 25k markup. The dealership acted as if I was crazy.

Last edited:

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
This latest pic looks 11 blillion times better than that blue one that surfaced a couple months ago. Now, while i wish it came with a manual, i won’t completely write this one off as i kinda think it’ll be fun in it’s own way(watched a La Ferrari video last night and got a car chub). I’ve never driven a DCT so i can’t really say...soooo who’s gonna take me for a ride ?!?!

Kapy

Established Member
It’s going to be a killer car. But at 755hp at best of course without mods, I am going to have a hard time giving up the 13. Especially with ADM’s.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Snoop, the painted stripes just started with the 2019 GT350.
Performance driving school will be a huge bonus for me, I’ll definitely attend. That started with the 2016 GT350 and is also for buyers or Raptor and Focus RS.
I’m guessing the Green and Orange will be collector choices.
I may actually consider the Orange or the Red for that tri coat paint, but black, Performance blue, or if they do a Leadfoot grey would be my choices.
I’d definitely like a painted black roof as no glass roof (bummer on S550).
The DCT to me is a huge draw, and I feel for the die hard stick crowd, but they really should drive a GT350 if that’s their thing.
My Dad’s 1967 GT500 is an auto, as is my 1966 GT350H and many original Shelby Mustangs.
This car should be the about ultimate performance, and the DCT will be faster.
16.5” front 14.6” rear brakes!
I hope we can get the Recaros and CF interior on the base car, as I’ll do base for street/top speed events.
If first run is Fall 2019 delivery, I’ll want a second rear car for 2020 delivery.
For this year, I’ll rip on my 2014 GT500 and enjoy the last year of the stick trans/straight axle beasts. Need to prepare a spot in the garage next to it as it’s a keeper.
Here’s to finally seeing it tomorrow.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread