Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
BMW says it's normal for all of their cars to use 1 qt per 750 miles.

Lexus has the same spec. Had an issue with IS/GS350 and early LS460 engines eating oil like a fat kid at a cupcake store. Interestingly enough, when Lexus switched to 0W-20 oil, our oil consumption issues seemingly have gone away.

100% this, glad someone beat me to it. It's all in the piston ring gap and PCV setup.

Bingo. Lexus IS250 engines 06-11 had bad oil coking issues on the valves and carbon deposits on the pistons. Aggressive PCV setup with no port fuel injectors to clean valves. Probably aggressive on the gap too.

As stated, 0W-20 engines seem to be problem free. Probably a combo of higher quality oil (specifications) and being more conservative with pistons rings. I guess they realized the average Lexus owners spend more time in traffic than at the track. By a WIDE margin. lol

Snoopy49

Established Member
From the 2017-18 GT350 Owners Manual Supplement.

You can drive high performance vehicles in such a way that may lead to higher oil consumption (this includes extended time at high engine speeds, high loads, engine braking, hard cornering maneuvers, and track use). Under these conditions, oil consumption of approximately 1 quart per 500 miles (1 liter per 800 km) is possible. As a result, you need to check the engine oil level at every refueling and adjust to maintain proper levels to avoid engine damage.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
From the 2017-18 GT350 Owners Manual Supplement.

Honestly, burning a quart of oil for every 500 track miles isn't that bad. If you average around 80-90 mph per lap, you're talking about only burning a quart in about 2.5, maybe 3 days on the track. Think about the stress the motor is under when racing. Sounds pretty reasonable, based on my limited understanding.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Most performance na engines eat up oil at about a quart every 1000 mile of moderate to heavy driving. The revvier the engine, the more they eat.

Ferrari mills drink it like water

Anyways,
Bmw e92-94 v8
Audi rs4-rs5 v8
Mercedes c63 v8
Etc all eat up oil.
I could easily go on.

Same case for basically all hipo v8’s and na engines including but not limited to any cammed Chevy dodge and ford builds. Once the mill routinely sees 7500rpm, it’ll eat

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
And fwiw, I’m just talking with y’all, buy what ya wanna buy, just make sure you understand what you’re buying prior to purchase.

A GT350 is quick on the track, and slow on the street. A hellcat is the opposite I’m sure.

That being said, I’d rather have the power on tap and not need it vs need it and not have it. If ford did a boosted GT350, those customers wouldn’t have gone and bought hellcats, right @biminiLX? :D

Oh no harm or foul man, we’re all gear heads. I have owned lots of things other than fords. My daily is a buick product, my work truck is a gmc, I’ve had Dodge, Infiniti, Mazda, Honda, Toyota, Chevy, on and on.

I’m probably one of 5 people on this site that stands up for a fast clean Honda if it’s done right.

I won’t bash on a gt350 for its acceleration. It eats on scatpacks, ss’s, and other na cars.

I’ll bash ford for not building a gt500. That’s where I put that pent up rage. The gt350 program hit above its bogies. The gt500 team needs to wrap it up imo.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
We can just apply the Penis theory here. "Even if everyone had a 9 inch Penis people would still want another half inch"....
I guess it goes to prove that bigger and faster is always better! lol

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
You mean, just like they've sold every GT350 so far? lol And every Boss 302 before that?
Exactly. But had they built a GT500 along with the GT350 you still would have sold all you got.
27 GT350s and 27 GT500. Or 17 :)
Either way Ford lost sales it easily would've had with simply making a blown version of the GT350 and calling it a GT500.
They could still have made this supposedly new badass upcoming GT500.
Oh well, I'm happy with my Hellcat but still want a new '19 Performance blue CF interior package GT350 to throw on a TT flex fuel deal!
-J

Clemson

Established Member
At this point, can they even finalize, reveal, open order banks, build, ship, and sale the gt500 on the S550 chassis before the S650 comes to fruition?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... But had they built a GT500 along with the GT350 you still would have sold all you got.
Either way Ford lost sales it easily would've had with simply making a blown version of the GT350 and calling it a GT500. ...

That probably wouldn't have worked. Who would pay a +/-$10K premium for "a GT350 with a blower on it" while the GT350 is still being made? It would be the tired old GT vs top dog Mustang argument all over again; "I can just buy a GT350 and put a blower on it for cheaper..." Do you see Roush Stage 3 cars flying off dealer lots? They can't use that formula in conjunction with the GT350. A redesigned and updated "GT350 with a blower" called a GT500, sure. But if they just wanted to make a GT350 with a blower, they'd need to stop selling the NA GT350 first.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That probably wouldn't have worked. Who would pay a +/-$10K premium for "a GT350 with a blower on it" while the GT350 is still being made? It would be the tired old GT vs top dog Mustang argument all over again; "I can just buy a GT350 and put a blower on it for cheaper..." Do you see Roush Stage 3 cars flying off dealer lots? They can't use that formula in conjunction with the GT350. A redesigned and updated "GT350 with a blower" called a GT500, sure. But if they just wanted to make a GT350 with a blower, they'd need to stop selling the NA GT350 first.

I disagree. A "Shelby" and a "Roush" are not comparable.

People were paying stupid ADMs on the 2013 GT500 while the 2013 Boss 302 was in production. I know it's not the same powertrain, etc..but served the same purpose.

Show of hands; who's going to buy one new after it's released?

I'm interested.

Users who are viewing this thread