Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

1971mach1

Established Member
My friend just picked up his 18 raptor last week and when he showed it to me I was impressed until he fired it up. I didn't have the heart to tell him my 14 super duty diesel sounded better than his truck. He must have seen it all over my face because he said he had to do something about that exhaust note, again I didn't have the heart to tell him he could spend the cost of the whole truck and he will not make that v-6 sound as good as any regular Mustang GT. I hope Ford DOES NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT ANY V-6 in a GT500 or Boss or whatever their Halo Mustang is called.

Zemedici

Established Member
My friend just picked up his 18 raptor last week and when he showed it to me I was impressed until he fired it up. I didn't have the heart to tell him my 14 super duty diesel sounded better than his truck. He must have seen it all over my face because he said he had to do something about that exhaust note, again I didn't have the heart to tell him he could spend the cost of the whole truck and he will not make that v-6 sound as good as any regular Mustang GT. I hope Ford DOES NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT ANY V-6 in a GT500 or Boss or whatever their Halo Mustang is called.

I know a ton of guys that went to other brands due to the v6 in the raptor....so it is an understandable perspective. I agree that it should be V8.

1971mach1

Established Member
My friend just picked up his 2018 raptor last week and when he showed it to me I was impressed until he fired it up. I didn't have the heart to tell him my 14 super duty diesel sounded better than his truck. He must have seen it all over my face because he said he had to do something about that exhaust note, again I didn't have the heart to tell him he spend the price of the truck and he will not make that v-6 sound as good as any regular Mustang GT. I hope Ford DOES NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT ANY V-6 in a GT500 or Boss or whatever their Halo Mustang is called.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
A blown tall deck coyote (5.8l if possible) would be nice to see. Then the same motor but NA and higher compression in a Mach 1 for the people that dont want the GT and cant afford the GT500.

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
exhaust is only cool when it's yours. Other then that it's annoying as f*** to here someone romping on it it in a 25 mph zone hauling ass down the street.

The quieter the better the faster you can go UN NOTICED!!!! Hell I can't do anything in my GT500 unless I'm on the highway or else I would get all the UNWANTED attention

The v6 twin turbo is a bad mofo. No matter what you put it in. Agreed it doesn't belong in a muscle car like a GT500 but idc if it goes into a Raptor.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
^^There is some truth here. Just like the guy with the weird salmon colored pants, he thinks he is cool as hell too! A lot of guys have no idea that super loud screams "Hey look at me, I am an attention bitch!". LOL

But, I cannot stand the sound of a loud V6. So there is that.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
They need to make the car AWD.

The mega power RWD S/C V8 has been done to death. Give the car AWD and you have now given guys the means to punch hard above their weight level. It also gives you something unique to build off of. Anyone can make a 1500whp Coyote. No one can just go and make an AWD Coyote.

The SVT Cobra was America’s Supra. Now let’s get America’s GTR.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Clemson

Established Member
They need to make the car AWD.

The mega power RWD S/C V8 has been done to death. Give the car AWD and you have now given guys the means to punch hard above their weight level. It also gives you something unique to build off of. Anyone can make a 1500whp Coyote. No one can just go and make an AWD Coyote.

The SVT Cobra was America’s Supra. Now let’s get America’s GTR.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
And it will cost like a GTR too so get ready to shell out 6 figures. Dumb. Im sorry but thats just dumb. The mustang is a meat and potatoes, Joe six pack kind of car, not some driving glove, skinny jean wearing, got to have the newest thing then sell it, status symbol, motor trend reading douche rocket. The car you just described isnt a mustang at all. Sorry.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
And it will cost like a GTR too so get ready to shell out 6 figures. Dumb. Im sorry but thats just dumb. The mustang is a meat and potatoes, Joe six pack kind of car, not some driving glove, skinny jean wearing, got to have the newest thing then sell it, status symbol, motor trend reading douche rocket. The car you just described isnt a mustang at all. Sorry.

So tell me about all the GT350Rs lining up at the trailer park with Joe-Six pack.

GTFO of here gramps. Go back to the Fox-Body form if you want some carbureted BBF.

The car I described is exactly what a modern competitive Ford needs to do. The GTR was RWD N\A originally, then turbo, then AWD then V6 was Automatic only.

Porsche 911 has evolved extensively as well.

If Ford wants to offer something different, something worth getting excited about, it needs to be AWD. Pair to with the new 10spd Automatic.

It will corner, it will brake, it will launch like a Saturn V.

We don’t need another 700-750ish RWD, TR6060, S/C Trinity, Coyote or Boss 6.2 V8 Mustang.

Yawnnnzzzz with Coyote guts being as tough as they are today, $8k and some parts and any of us could make that horsepower. What made the Terminator so great was the fact that a 2V had chicken bones for rods.

Sorry, but in the land of +700whp street cars, AWD is king, and I want the GT500 to be king of the streets.

As for price, GTR is on a unique chassis being sold at roughly 1,800 a year. That’s what it MSRPs for $110k and sells for $89k. A GTR/911 Turbo slaying GT500 would prolly be 70-80k and with ADM, yes, I suspect it would surpass 6 figures.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
So you want the next GT500 to do what exactly?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
No V6 in the new GT500 for me. No awd either please. Please no. lol
I always thought the GT500 was more of a street warrior/red light to red light kinda car. A drag strip brute. I want the new GT500 to have gobs of power/torque, have killer looks, killer sounds, and perform awesome. All in a V8, rear wheel drive car.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
No V6 in the new GT500 for me. No awd either please. Please no. lol
I always thought the GT500 was more of a street warrior/red light to red light kinda car. A drag strip brute.

You do realize those two last sentences mean you want it AWD, right?

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Dude you are a certifiable idiot. My bet is you couldnt afford a 100k car anyway, you're the type that wants the car built so you can go on the chevy and dodge boards and troll like a douche.

Sent from my XT1585 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Jesus dude, change your panties and stop with the childish insults. Adults are trying to have a conversation.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
You do realize those two last sentences mean you want it AWD, right?
No,...
I know the awd is quick from a dig, but not for me in a GT500. You may want it, but I don't. (I just can't see it.)

Users who are viewing this thread