Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I’m happy for the success you’re grandfather had but it’s naive of you to compare his success and cash only mentality to now. The way this society is, it’s nearly impossible for the average person to buy a house cash only or even a used car. We are a debt based society now unfortunately. Some use it to their advantage, most don’t.
It’s nearly impossible as they keep buying things the can’t afford!

If the ave person saves the amount they pay in credit card/car payments every month they could save $18-24k every year. That savings is separate from all other savings(investment/retirement, Emergancy fund, college, etc.).

As far as using it to their advantage, do you know how many people took their life 08-10? How do the wealthy lose everything in a day? Use debt to try to build wealth....does not seem like an advantage to me.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...cides-tied-to-economic-crisis-study-says/amp/

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I’m happy for the success you’re grandfather had but it’s naive of you to compare his success and cash only mentality to now. The way this society is, it’s nearly impossible for the average person to buy a house cash only or even a used car. We are a debt based society now unfortunately. Some use it to their advantage, most don’t.

Have to disagree. We live in a time where people want everything NOW, don't want to earn it and live beyond their means... pushing them to finance things.

My first 2 homes, we paid 100% cash. Never financed a car until 2007. I currently have 7 vehicles and I only financed 3 of them. The key to success in this game is time and appreciation... especially with property. Any typical middle-class family can do it, if the effort and time are put in.

Example... (don't remember exact numbers, but...) got our first house, cash... $19,000. Renovated it and sold it 5 years later for $76,000. Got our next house for $68,000. Renovated it and sold it 10 years later for $178,000. Got the current house for $310,000. Paid for most of it, floated a small loan that is almost paid for. I could have gotten a cheaper home, but didn't want to wait to flip it to get to where we are now. I'm sure I'll make a nice profit when we finally down-size.

Also, I only have 2 credit cards... one for me and one for my wife for emergencies, but we never carry a balance.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Not trying to "stir up the pot", but in MY honest opinion,.......I think it will be a mixture of the GT350R but better and the last model GT500 but better.
Again, this is my opinion/speculation of what the car will be.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Not trying to "stir up the pot", but in MY honest opinion,.......I think it will be a mixture of the GT350R but better and the last model GT500 but better.
Again, this is my opinion/speculation of what the car will be.
I've always said, add 200hp to the 350R and I'd be happy.
A total package boosted 5.2 from Ford, with the DCT really getting me interested, would be all I need.
-J

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I've always said, add 200hp to the 350R and I'd be happy.
-J
A lot of people on the other Mustang forum started adding power adders, (or at least talked about it), to the 350/350R. Maybe Ford took notice.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
It better have the power and weight of the GT2RS for no more than $55k. It is a Mustang above all no way in hell will I pay more than $55k for a Mustang....

Ford sells many suv’s in the $55k range. Porsche sells many suv’s In the $100k Range.

Why not get animated that Porsche wants $200k for a tiny car with 700hp meanwhile you seem very animated that ford likely wants $65k for a bigger car with 750hp+?

Ford has worked hard to put out tons of value for modest bucks. We are all experiencing the magic and carnage of a capitalist economy. Ford is moving upstream. They are ditching the small economy cars in USA at least to move the company upstream and will revisit small cars later when electric tech makes them easier. Why put tons of money into small engines that will be obsolete in 5-10 years?

Similarly why sell a $55k car with 750+hp and excellent chassis when they can easily get $65k or $75k and sell out effortlessly?

G's Shelby

Established Member
My grandfather opened a small chain of grocery stores in New England after he got out of the army following World War II. He was extremely successful. He retired the year I was born and was retired longer than he ever worked.

My grandfather used to tell me two things on on a regular basis, never buy anything on credit and a product or service is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

My grandfather paid cash for his houses, his cars, and everything he owned. He got as wealthy and successful as he did by providing good products, good service, and raising his prices as high as he could without pricing himself out of the market.

It doesn't matter if you're selling produce or cars, the concept remains the same.
Smart man

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I’m guessing my tone did not come through in my writing. Haha

Hahahhaha wow went right past me. I was listening to talk radio while I read your post and the sarcasm didn’t hit me ha.

Hey my sincere apology, I see what you did there and I’m in complete agreement with your sarcasm on the matter.

“Give me a $6 carls jr burger for $2 or I won’t buy it from you Burger King, you guys aren’t prestigious enough to get $4 for a $6 burger!”

Users who are viewing this thread