Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

DepWraith

Established Member
His name was Steve Walton. I can assure you that if you know ANYONE WHO ACTUALLY WORKED on the project, they can confirm he worked on the aerodynamics, specifically the rear wing, of the next GT500. He worked on and off for Ford and in the SVT projects for nearly 30 years, so he was pretty well known with the other engineers.

ZEN357

Established Member
I currently own an 01 Bullitt and love my Mustang but after driving a Hemi, I opted to buy a Challenger as my second Muscle Car purchase!

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
This guy?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/steve-walton-773312aa/

His name was Steve Walton. I can assure you that if you know ANYONE WHO ACTUALLY WORKED on the project, they can confirm he worked on the aerodynamics, specifically the rear wing, of the next GT500. He worked on and off for Ford and in the SVT projects for nearly 30 years, so he was pretty well known with the other engineers.

DepWraith

Established Member
You're right, he's still alive and I'm lying about everything. Apparently your knowledge of air flow and water flow in regards to engineering is slim to none. You asked and I provided. Call them and ask to speak with him, see how that goes. Tell them you don't think he passed away and insist on speaking to him. Ask for his home number, whatever makes you feel better about what I've told you. I'm done justifying what I was told to someone who has zero new information on the project yet wants to dismiss other's information.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I want to see great challenger, camaro and mustang lineups. I like the competition and the nostalgia.

How cool is it that it’s viable to buy a mustang, camaro or challenger in basically all segments with piers like bmw, Mercedes, Audi, etc? You pro and con the things like luxury, performance, price, tech, resale etc, and the 3 pony/muscle cars of today stack up very well.

Dusten

Established Member
Faker or not this looks good

2dfa16a4bcb6842772838ffba5b1f172.jpg

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
That is a very old rendering. The car isn't going to look anything like that.

Breitling

Established Member
I wonder where the new GT500 will be price-wise? Ignoring any dealer markup, maybe a base model no options at $64,900 MSRP and a fully-loaded coupe at $75,900?

Thoughts? Am I close?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I wonder where the new GT500 will be price-wise? Ignoring any dealer markup, maybe a base model no options at $64,900 MSRP and a fully-loaded coupe at $75,900?

Thoughts? Am I close?

$70K base. $84K optioned up. If there's a convertible version, $89K optioned up.

Users who are viewing this thread