Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Imagine if Ford has spent the last couple months, and a month or so more, taking it to tracks across the COTUS and setting lap records? Then when they debut it, they'll share the times with videos?

The last effort I can think of that was similar to that was that of the Dodge Viper. I honestly can't imagine a 4k+ pound GT500 being even close in terms of lap times. If Ford was able to pull something out of their ass like this it would be miraculous.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The last effort I can think of that was similar to that was that of the Dodge Viper. I honestly can't imagine a 4k+ pound GT500 being even close in terms of lap times. If Ford was able to pull something out of their ass like this it would be miraculous.

I know, I was being a little facetious.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I still think regardless of how great the car ends up being, it has been too long and Ford has lost sales accordingly. If they had released a 700hp gt500 1-2 years ago, and been updating it to 750 or 800 hp each year, they’d have the sales bump they have likely lost.

Chevy and dodge sell great cars and keep moving on. Ford Performance and much more so SVT wants to sell exceptional cars, but there’s a bit of slack they could loosen to sell more cars and bolster the coffers in my opinion.

That said, they sell out and quickly at that, so maybe they are actually ahead of the sales race long term with their strategy.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
...and ya gotta wonder with the stupid ass HUGE dealer mark ups, how many sales will be lost to the vette?
My guess is none. If they weren’t being purchased, the ADM wouldnt be there. It’s there because people pay it to have the car. Once the demand goes down, the ADMs start dropping/disappearing.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
It tracks every thing.

It never worked for the RS for whatever reason.

Imagine how much more sleep you would have got if I wasn't bugging you 3x per week for 5 months.

My guess is none. If they weren’t being purchased, the ADM wouldnt be there. It’s there because people pay it to have the car. Once the demand goes down, the ADMs start dropping/disappearing.

It will be like every other Corvette, ADMs immediately when they come out, then after a year they will be under MSRP.

Snoopy49

Established Member
This next GT500 or KR will be my last one that I will enjoy and then leave to my son. :)

That's what I said about my 2013, but that was before nature decided that my clutching days may be at an end. Looks like my last car will be an automatic. I would prefer the new GT500, but Chevy and Dodge are in the running if I can't find a GT500 at MSRP.
I don't know who will end up with my car when I kick the bucket, no kids or wife, that will be someone else's problem.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
That's what I said about my 2013, but that was before nature decided that my clutching days may be at an end. Looks like my last car will be an automatic. I would prefer the new GT500, but Chevy and Dodge are in the running if I can't find a GT500 at MSRP.
I don't know who will end up with my car when I kick the bucket, no kids or wife, that will be someone else's problem.
Dude,........same first world problems here as well. lol
I want an automatic next, preferably the A10. I don't have any kids or wife and I am either getting a hellcat or Z06/Z07 if I don't get the new GT500.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Ford has been getting out-flanked by the competition in a number of ways. They're the leader in autonomous tech but GM will have a driverless car to market 2-years earlier. After all of the marketing hype Ford built up around going driverless and they'll be 2-years late to the party. They're also doing a poor job of getting technology into production vehicles in a timely manner. 3-years ago they were ahead now they're behind in their offerings. I love the driving aids on my SHO but Ford hasn't added much beyond what my car has now.

The GT500 is another case of Ford lagging behind. There should have been a new car out a year ago. The GT350 has been ready since late 2014 so what they've been doing since then is not enough. They need to double the head-count at Ford Performance immediately. FCA has had the Hellcat Super musclecar hype all to themselves for almost 4-years to great benefit. Major fail Ford. The 2018 Mustang GT PP just lost a comparison test to the SS 1LE badly and if it weren't for rogue engineers deciding they needed something more aggressive (PP2) the GT would be hopelessly inferior until the S650 debuts.

Al O and Team Camaro are working on a Camaro drag variant and are looking for more horsepower, that should be taken to mean 700+. Ford needs a rogue group of engineers to throw a blown DOHC 6.2 in a drag oriented street-legal Mustang. I think over 800-horse and highly reliable would be easy to achieve with the displacement.

I'm sure the new GT500 will be awesome but it better be running with the Viper ACR's track times and run easy 10s at minimum 135 in the 1/4 to be truly impressive at this point.

Voltwings

Established Member
I'm sure the new GT500 will be awesome but it better be running with the Viper ACR's track times and run easy 10s at minimum 135 in the 1/4 to be truly impressive at this point.

I dont think you honestly realize what a tall order that is, while expecting it to keep a reasonable level of fit and refinement that someone spending 70K 9and not buying a viper ACR...) is going to want. I can almost guarantee it aint gonna happen.

Users who are viewing this thread