Anyone Dynamat their car?

michaeljtrent

Established Member
I'm curious if anyone has had their car Dynamatted. The road noise is just a little much for me (it's my daily driver) and if you don't mind my asking, what it cost you and how you liked the end result.

SVT RICK

Established Member
I installed under the rear seat and trunk after seat delete was done. It did help quiet down road noise. Can't remember cost right off hand.

03reptile

Established Member
Dynamatt, as I recall, is pretty expensive and it's pretty heavy. I used it on my 2007, but have not needed it on the 13, as it's pretty quiet. It did work on the 07, but I think it cost about $150.00 to cover the floor beneath the back seat area and the trunk area. (and that's being prudent). There may be other products that are less expensive.

Last edited:

michaeljtrent

Established Member
I know Dynamat is pretty expensive but from my experience, that stuff works. Was just looking for someone that has it and has some opinions on how well it worked for them.

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
:pop:

I've been thinking about doing this-
But I always buy in bulk [box 9 sheets] from eBay everytime....

Dynamat Extreme 10455 Bulk Pak Xtreme Pack 36 Sq ft New | eBay

Or this time around I may shell-out a few extra $$$ & get it thru Amazon:

Dynamat 10455 18" x 32" x 0.067" Thick Self-Adhesive Sound Deadener with Xtreme Bulk Pack, (Set of 9) : Amazon.com : Automotive

But I'm "saving my pennies" for the plug-n-play Shelby/Kicker Premium Sound System first:

Shelby Kicker Premium Sound System: Shaker Systems

I don't drag-race & I don't care about the "extra weight"; I care about quieting down the road noise & keeping the motor/exhaust heat out of my car. Plus I want to hear my music without having to raise the volume....
FYI-
I did the entire cab of my Lightning & Ranger from the windows & firewall down, doors, and under the entire carpet area with the Dynamat Xtreme- Its "nite & day" difference!
Now for the Shelby- I bet it would take 2 boxes [18 sheets total] & possibly more though......Depending on how you start & lay it out.....

Last edited:

michaeljtrent

Established Member
Thanks - I used to be into the audio scene pretty hardcore and used this stuff extensively but never to try and tone down engine noise. I have had several people comment while on the phone with me that they can't hear me over the road/engine noise. It was cool at first that everyone could enjoy the engine sounds but it's getting somewhat annoying.

raustin0017

Established Member
Haven't even crossed my mind. So far the windows have never been up...except on interstate which is not that often. I think the sound is perfect.

CobRoush-00

Established Member
I know Dynamat is pretty expensive but from my experience, that stuff works. Was just looking for someone that has it and has some opinions on how well it worked for them.

Just had my entire car done. Couldn't tell you the price because it was included in the package of audio and interior swap. What I can tell you is this, the cabin in the car is quieter than before and the sound of my new system is incredible. Road noise almost non-existent. Yes it may be pricey but to me it's worthy.

michaeljtrent

Established Member
Just had my entire car done. Couldn't tell you the price because it was included in the package of audio and interior swap. What I can tell you is this, the cabin in the car is quieter than before and the sound of my new system is incredible. Road noise almost non-existent. Yes it may be pricey but to me it's worthy.

Thanks a ton. That is really helpful to know.

Trubble

Established Member
I installed under the rear seat and trunk after seat delete was done. It did help quiet down road noise. Can't remember cost right off hand.

"Road Noise?" - Maybe I'm too new to my '14 GT500, but I don't consider it noise - it's MUSIC to me! :rockon:

Cheers!

rancid

Established Member
I did my doors up front and entire rear where seats are to trunk when I did my stereo upgrade but used a product called Fatmat since it is nearly same and much cheaper.

Made a noticeable difference to me and calmed any door/consoles rattles I had before.

Last edited:

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
I've used it twice -

On my '11 GT500 I installed the magnaflow catback 3" track system and it droned like mad. So I dyno matted the whole trunk, behind the rear seats and rear floor boards. It made a HUGE difference. The cabin went from almost impossible to talk to each other when at 2K rpm without yelling, to barely noticing the drone.

On my Viper I used it on my back bulkhead, behind the seats, the floor board and in the inside of the doors. Again, big difference, not as much with the GT500 because the Viper is a vert and the wind noise is what it is, but definitely helped.

Sorry I can't remember price either, it was pricey I remember being surprised and I guess I erased it from memory as a result, and the box was hella heavy. It doesn't seem heavy working with it sheet by sheet, but the box shows you how heavy it is. I'd say I added like 20-30 lbs to each car but that was well worth the result for me. In my '14 the car seems very quiet and I have Borla S's on there, so I'll not do it to this car.

Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread