Anyone done a C head swap?

SVTeeshirt

Established Member
Okay so yeah i know im a pain in the ass lol, today i tore the intake off my car and pulled the IMRCs, the plan was to just test the controller and put everything back together provided it worked and after the IMRCs were cleaned. However recently i've noticed white smoke, i chalked it up to the car not being run for a while, (exhaust pipes ofc) However on the heads where the IMRCs meet the head and intake manifold there seems to be oil there... should that not be coolant? Warped head? I've had 01 heads complete and an 01 intake manifold sitting for some time, i was waiting on a new bottom end but i figure i already have the entire intake manifold off i might as well just attempt this swap but first. What will i need?

So far i have:
96 cobra engine complete oilpan to intake
01 heads
01 upper and lower intake with all the sensors

basically i need to know whats reusable, i'll need a new TB and intake tube correct?
I know i can modify the fuel rails, can i use the same alternator? Can i use my existing Timing cover? Im pretty sure i can use my timing chains correct?

Any and all help is much appreciated... trying to get it done tom-sunday.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
basically i need to know whats reusable, i'll need a new TB and intake tube correct?

Yes.

I know i can modify the fuel rails, can i use the same alternator? Can i use my existing Timing cover? Im pretty sure i can use my timing chains correct?

Yes to all the above but you will need to modify the alt. bracket or get another one for a 99/01.

Any and all help is much appreciated... trying to get it done tom-sunday.

I think this link covers everything needed. "C" head swap

Users who are viewing this thread