anyone do their own reloading.....??

roadwarrior60

Established Member
just wondering who else reloads their own ammo on here?? and for those that do, have you been having the same problems getting powder that i have?? ordered an large jug of varget from cabelas 2 months ago and they said it was going to be the first week in may before i could get it. got an email last week saying it may be the end of june now before ill get it:( and even then they asked if i just wanted to cancel my order because they still cant guarantee ill get it then either. anyone have any hot spots i can pick some up?? i have tried every place within about 50 miles of me and noone has any:cryying:

toomanymustangs

Philosopher
Established Member
I reoload my own shotgun shells. I used to go through pounds of remington powder. There is a place in my town that sold all the stuff that i bought it from. Everything to do with guns is backed up right now.

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
Primers have been hard to get as well, some guys at shows are charging way over retail for them; best now to load-up on primers whenever you find them at a reasonable price.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
yeah.. lets see what calibers that I reload..

44 Mag
45 ACP
45 Long Colt
357 Magnum
38 Special
30-30
30-06
300 Win Mag
243 Win
30-378 Wby Mag
375 Ultra Mag

my cousin reloads 12 ga, 20ga and 410's..

last time I bought powder was a few years ago, (that was a quick 700 dollars) for powder and bullets..

probably should get some more powder and still fine on bullets since I go to Nosler and get their factory seconds

GodStang

Established Member
Just reload 12 gauge shells. We are in the south no problem finding anything down here.

dogmush

Established Member
I have managed to keep powder and large pistol primers, but every other primer is gone around here. I'm also having a hard time finding .50 powder and primers.

roadwarrior60

Established Member
I reoload my own shotgun shells. I used to go through pounds of remington powder. There is a place in my town that sold all the stuff that i bought it from. Everything to do with guns is backed up right now.
yeah we just started doing 12ga along with everything else. powder for that is actually pretty easy to find around here. its mainly my rifle powders i cant get a hold of.

Primers have been hard to get as well, some guys at shows are charging way over retail for them; best now to load-up on primers whenever you find them at a reasonable price.

primers i have, i buy them by the 1000's and have plenty of them. cabelas seems to keep them in stock quite well, just wish they could do the same with powder!:(

44 Mag
45 ACP
45 Long Colt
357 Magnum
38 Special
30-30
30-06
300 Win Mag
243 Win
30-378 Wby Mag
375 Ultra Mag

last time I bought powder was a few years ago, (that was a quick 700 dollars) for powder and bullets..

probably should get some more powder and still fine on bullets since I go to Nosler and get their factory seconds

yup, you are officially just a tad worse than me. i think i'm up to about 11 different calibers now:banana:

I have managed to keep powder and large pistol primers, but every other primer is gone around here. I'm also having a hard time finding .50 powder and primers.

oh man i feel for you there! i have seen reloading supplies for .50 and it has gotten just plain crazy expensive!! saw a box of 100 primers going for over 200 bucks:bash: this is the one and only time i am glad i never bought the barrett i was looking at!

Last edited:

dogmush

Established Member
oh man i feel for you there! i have seen reloading supplies for .50 and it has gotten just plain crazy expensive!! saw a box of 100 primers going for over 200 bucks:bash: this is the one and only time i am glad i never bought the barrett i was looking at!

It's a mixed bag. Yeah it's expensive, and hard to find sometimes, but......I have a .50. :D:D:pepper::pepper:

0TriZzlePhatRid

44 Mag
45 ACP
45 Long Colt
357 Magnum
38 Special
30-30
30-06
300 Win Mag
243 Win
30-378 Wby Mag
375 Ultra Mag

That .30-378 is one bad bitch!

I reload for .300 Ultra, .45, 7mm, and .300 wby

I bought a lot of powder last year and have much left over. I would blame Obama for this...

roadwarrior60

Established Member
It's a mixed bag. Yeah it's expensive, and hard to find sometimes, but......I have a .50. :D:D:pepper::pepper:

i both hate you and envy you with this response:kaboom: i want a .50 so bad, but i just cant see myself dropping the coin for one. especially right now! plus i cant shoot it at the range that i go to:cryying:

I would blame Obama for this...

i concur!! never has a pimple hobby been so hard to do!! :bored: ugh, i'm moving to canada. anyone up there having problems getting powder??

tslabaugh

Established Member
I have had good luck getting supplies from Midway USA and Lock, Stock, & Barrel . I have never bought powder online, I used to get it at the local Sportsman's Warehouse until they shut it down. Maybe contact the powder manufacturer and see if they have any independent dealers (maybe a guy that sells it out of his house or something).

I reload:
.30 cal carbine
.35 remington
.300 Win Mag

I've came up with some sweet loads for the .223 and .300 to get me around 1/4 inch groups at 100 yards.

Users who are viewing this thread