Anyone do or know anything about concert promoting?

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
So SILENT CIVILIAN on MySpace Music has announced tour routing information to promoters for a tour in support of their upcoming release, Ghost Stories. I thought these guys were a major band, but apparently not. They did a nationwide tour over the summer playing in small clubs to a hundred or less people. Completely unorganized. Complete mess.

The club they booked near me didn't even have them on the calendar until a week prior to the show and the show time wasn't announced until 45 minutes prior to going on stage. Long story short: 6 people were there, so apparently they are part of a small label or a really shitty label. Those 6, including myself, were treated to the worst sounding show in history. The speakers were cranked well beyond the point of distortion, so all you could make out was the sound of the drums and the screaming vocal parts.

These guys are my favorite band not named Metallica, so I'd like to help them get a better venue and with better organization and production values....but I have no clue how.

Anyone have any experience in this area? How do you spread the word and sell a show like this???

SNCBOOM

Established Member
There's a guy from Chicago I think that does something related to that I think. He had a shit ton of photos with bands in the "famous people you've met: thread.

Edit: VenomInside I believe is his name.

Last edited by a moderator:

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
Who the hell is this smartass and why does he smell of cheap whiskey and whores?!

Sir I ask that you not attempt to sully the name of gentleman you admit to not knowing.
The aroma is malt liquor and CL adult service providers.

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
Sir I ask that you not attempt to sully the name of gentleman you admit to not knowing.
The aroma is malt liquor and CL adult service providers.

I do not presume to know anyone that does not enjoy the simple pleasures of PBR and grocery stores that do not require shoes.

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
I do not presume to know anyone that does not enjoy the simple pleasures of PBR and grocery stores that do not require shoes.

What the hell type of uppity food market requires footwear?

I saw a gas station today in Louisiana that featured a sign proclaiming
"No shirt, No shoes, No problem".

Users who are viewing this thread