Anyone do lower w/a Whipple yet?

Fang

Established Member
Just pondering the idea but haven't seen anyone do it yet. My current set up at sea level should yield around 19# of boost. I only see 15#. Thought I could gather up that extra 4# w/ a lower. Anyone do it yet?

wiz

your daddy!!!
Established Member
stay tuned...........im putting a 4lb lower on this week. im in the same boat as you. rr 3.0 and seeing 16-17lbs. itll be a while before i get tuned and have results though. im doing a new clutch,headers,mid pipe and some other things. anyway the clutch is going to keep me away from the dyno during break-in period.

tickingcobra

Banned
I have a 3.2 RR upper and a 2lb lower......I have belt slip bad up top still, My numbers are 603 rwhp and 570 rwtq, I should net around 620 to 630 without any slip. There you go an example of upper / lower combo....I'm at 17psi

Fang

Established Member
I am interested to see your results. Keep us informed. Should be a blast.

wiz said:
stay tuned...........im putting a 4lb lower on this week. im in the same boat as you. rr 3.0 and seeing 16-17lbs. itll be a while before i get tuned and have results though. im doing a new clutch,headers,mid pipe and some other things. anyway the clutch is going to keep me away from the dyno during break-in period.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
hmm odd, Im running the RR 3.2 upper, stock lower on my whipple and I get 17lbs. was thinking about doing a lower as well, get a tad bit of belt slip.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
tickingcobra said:
...snip........I have belt slip bad up top still, ...snip...i

What idler setup you using?

My setup is a Whipple 3.0 modified to non-slip by Billetflow and a 4lb lower, zero belt slip or wear. Idler pulley is on a Billetflow GEN2 bracket, not using the Whipple idler (selling it actually)

pic of belt wrap here

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
If you're seeing slip, you should think about getting your pulley modified like postban said, or get a RR non slip upper..

Fang

Established Member
postban said:
What idler setup you using?

My setup is a Whipple 3.0 modified to non-slip by Billetflow and a 4lb lower, zero belt slip or wear. Idler pulley is on a Billetflow GEN2 bracket, not using the Whipple idler (selling it actually)

pic of belt wrap here

Do you need to use race fuel with your set up? If you don't mind me asking how much boost are you seeing? Any numbers?

tickingcobra

Banned
I'm using the RR non-slip upper, and I'm using the steeda 100mm idler as seen in the pic. Is there a better belt out there to help prevent belt slip?

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Fang said:
Do you need to use race fuel with your set up? If you don't mind me asking how much boost are you seeing? Any numbers?

93 octane pump only....

18psi (but with 21psi worth of pullies :shrug: )

Gates 81" belt

Users who are viewing this thread