Anyone do any driving for UBER ?

Snake Pliskin

Teen Idol
Established Member
I was thinking about trying it on a day off some time. I would be interested to hear about any experiences regarding this. Either riding or driving. THX

Last edited:

Planter

Banned
you are better off putting up your own ad on craigslist or hanging out at the airport and undercutting all the cabs and uber/lyft by offering people a ride for a flat rate fee.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
working another 10-20 hours a week for another 500-1000 bucks a month is not worth it at all IMO. i work enough as is. guess it depends on how much you make at your regular job i guess. there is a oil tech at my job who does Uber, it's probably good for him because he only makes like 10 bucks an hour at the dealership

TK Doom

Established Member
I love driving, I would love to do it like 1 night a week for shits and giggles....but I don't have a car that qualifies, I might next year though.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
^ I think we might have different definitions of "making bank" lol

Snake Pliskin

Teen Idol
Established Member
Have you checked with your insurance company?

No I was just seeing what people had to say about it. I have a good job and no money problems was just thinking it might be fun and make a little $. After this thread and reading the old one that was linked its sounds like way more trouble than its worth. I think Ill just sit on my ass (like today) or do something else on my days off.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
I wouldn't, but a guy around the block does it. He basically drives to downtown Cleveland during big events and said he makes very good money doing it in his spare time. He's retired, kids out of the house, so it keeps him busy.

Spudz

Established Member
Just took an Uber this morning after dropping the car off at the shop. Driver was talking about his experience a few nights ago with a passenger snorting a line of coke off the backseat while he drove him to the bar.

At the very least, would give you a few interesting stories I guess.

Snake Pliskin

Teen Idol
Established Member
Just took an Uber this morning after dropping the car off at the shop. Driver was talking about his experience a few nights ago with a passenger snorting a line of coke off the backseat while he drove him to the bar.

At the very least, would give you a few interesting stories I guess.

Id freak LOL. I had early morning airport area in my mind originally since Im only 10 minutes away.

Users who are viewing this thread