Anyone dealt with CHP?

99NJCobra

Established Member
Looking at possibly picking up one of their 5.1L Stroker shortblocks. I know a lot of magazines have used their engines for build ups, but have any of you used there products? If so, how's the quality and how is the company to deal with?

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
oh jesus lord and heaven no.

i would not run that motor in a lawn mower.

Just don't do it.

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
Years ago I bought a pushrod motor from them and yep, they screwed it up 2X and I ended up having a local shop fix their mess which required a new block. I'll never forget what the machinist said "looked like they machined it with a F'N wood rasp".

Learn from mine and other's mistakes, don't buy!

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
very strange about them, I see mags use there stuff all the time with great results and hear nothing but horror stories from normal customers.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
very strange about them, I see mags use there stuff all the time with great results and hear nothing but horror stories from normal customers.

Thats because its for a magazine. Of course they will build it right for a national mag. Those mags will sell out to anyone for the right price. They promote HP Performance turbo kits and they are well known for terrible customer service and product quality.

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
Absolutely, a magazine is mainl interested in generating revenue and the motor needs to last just long enough for the article to be written if that long. they'll come up with a justification if it fails.

Users who are viewing this thread