Anyone Csi??????

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
hey guys I'm doing a project for school. I must do a quick interview with a crime scene investigator either local, state, or federal. It's a quick interview and I can't get any of the local or state guys to call me back. If you could pm me the answers to the below questions if you are a CSI, or if you know someone that I could talk to either via email or phone.
1. Name, place of business, contact information
2. years of experience, and where you received your degree?
3. How do you use mathematics in your career? and how does math impact what you do everyday?
4. What math concepts and/or courses do you recommend you be fluent at for success in your field.

I would greatly appreciate any responses guys.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
ok, lets see.

11 years experience of law enforcement, 3 of it in investigative nature. I receieved my degree from Asheville / Buncombe Tech. Honestly, the only place I used math in that field was measurments ex: distance weapon was found near body or evidence location in referrence to another object....or on the dive team, depth of water, current, things of that nature.

in the private investigative world, I assist law enforcement with crime scene reconstruction and video remakes of crime scenes and still, math only applies in the same natures.

sometimes, velocity of a weaopon is needed but there are alot of factors that determine that...basic algebra here. weight, mass didtance traveled are factors so a good knowlage of algebra helps.

Most of what you will need to be successful you will learn as you go, as I did, but you need to be happy with yourself, if taking math classes will assist you if your success i recommend you take everything you can and not just math...I took time off and took everything on my own and was very successful in my career

hostage negotiation
criminal psycology
interrogation tactics
advanced interrogation tactics
man / fugitive tracking
land map navigation
swat school 1 and 2
defensive tactics 1 and 2
subject control
advanced subject control
tactical handcuffing
pressure point control tactics
Tactical handgun and advanced tactical handgun
close quarters combat
Tactical carbine
Dynamic room entires
OC Tear gas training
riot control
live fingerprint scan trainng
also trained with fed and state with their TAC teams aswell- hostage negotiation scenarios about once per month for 7 years.

these are just a few the best were hostage negotiation and criminal psycology, it helps me read people in the everyday world....body language, eye movements...verbal phrases etc.... no math used there...

good luck in your career!

Last edited:

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
exactly, if i ask the little punk and the palms of his hands are turned down or hes looking to the right....lying little bastard

Users who are viewing this thread