Anyone collect Baseball or Basketball cards.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
I used to collect both when I was a kid. I am thinking about starting to do it again. What do u guys think. Or are they worth crap now a days.

Last edited:

SNK BITN

Established Member
I stopped collecting in 97. I just recently looked up the values of my older stuff and it has gone up quite a bit. I was thinking of selling my current collection to start up a new one. No one seems to be interested in this hobby anymore, thats too bad cause it was fun buying packs at the corner store back in the day. I'm gonna try to get my son started.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Originally posted by SNK BITN
I stopped collecting in 97. I just recently looked up the values of my older stuff and it has gone up quite a bit. I was thinking of selling my current collection to start up a new one. No one seems to be interested in this hobby anymore, thats too bad cause it was fun buying packs at the corner store back in the day. I'm gonna try to get my son started.

What are some good ones u got.

Mustybaby

Established Member
8 upper deck ken griffey jr rookies:) and 210 nolan ryans in my colection.
The problem with cards these days is a pack cost $5 , kids cant afford that enough to collect at least. The fact that there is at least 8 card companies with there on special sets dont help either, like the super platnum, double gold, and so forth.......

SNK BITN

Established Member
For basketball my best cards are Michael Jordans Fleer roookie, Scottie Pippens rookie, and Magic Johnson and James Worthys rookie cards. Not too many football ones but I got Drew Bledsoes rookie, Emmit Smiths rookie (woulda been worth more if he woulda retired, Donovan McNabbs rookie (one signed), and I dont remember what year but I have 1 Walter Payton card. My best stuff is baseball cards and comics, tons of autographed memorabilia including a signed Sammy Sosa rookie (even though he was on the socks it still rules), couple Reggie Jackson rookies. I have all of Nolan Ryans cards from his first 4 seasons, including the super rare league leaders card that hes on. What kinda stuff you got?

SNK BITN

Established Member
Originally posted by Mustybaby
The problem with cards these days is a pack cost $5 , kids cant afford that enough to collect at least. The fact that there is at least 8 card companies with there on special sets dont help either, like the super platnum, double gold, and so forth.......

Very true! Especially the ones that feature hologram cards, those can go for 7.50 a pack! What a rip off.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Originally posted by SNK BITN
For basketball my best cards are Michael Jordans Fleer roookie, Scottie Pippens rookie, and Magic Johnson and James Worthys rookie cards. Not too many football ones but I got Drew Bledsoes rookie, Emmit Smiths rookie (woulda been worth more if he woulda retired, Donovan McNabbs rookie (one signed), and I dont remember what year but I have 1 Walter Payton card. My best stuff is baseball cards and comics, tons of autographed memorabilia including a signed Sammy Sosa rookie (even though he was on the socks it still rules), couple Reggie Jackson rookies. I have all of Nolan Ryans cards from his first 4 seasons, including the super rare league leaders card that hes on. What kinda stuff you got?

Damn, nice collection. I never had anything that was that old. I got a couple Jordan, Shaq's, and Kobe's from the mid ninety's. I had alot more, but I lost them over the years.:shrug:

All my sh#t started disappearing when I started having more interest in girls.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Originally posted by Mustybaby

Those Griffey rookies have to have dropped in value since his Cinncinati days. But Nolan Ryan cards I am sure are holding up real nice.

Tomcat427

I know I need a cage :)
Established Member
Originally posted by steedacobra
i collect but mostly 50s-60s cards. start buying boxed complete sets and keep them sealed.

God bless

Just pulled some cards out. Thinking of selling 1962 Topps

#200 Mickey Mantle
#1 Roger Maris
#589 Bob Turley
#169 Bob Cerv
#110 Bill Skowron
#93 John Blanchard
#291 Hal Stowe
#570 Bill Stafford
#139 Hal Renieff
#455 Luis Arroyo
#338 Billy Gardner
#88 Ralph Houk
#31 Tom Tresh
#473 Elston Howard
#281 Jake Gibbs
#185 Roland Sheldon
#236 1961 Woeld Series Game #5
#251 1961 Yankees
#51 Batting Leaders
#311 Tony Kubek
#57 American Peaching Leaders
#59 American League Strikeout Leaders

Wow, that was fun!

I collect Basketball cards now and have been since 1992. I do have some cards that are older but most of my older cards are Baseball.

bobh

Not so Senior SVT Poster
Established Member
Some of mine

perrys.jpg

yaz.jpg

aaron.jpg

brock.jpg

marichal.jpg

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I don't collect but my brother does, he's got some good ones. The brother of an old girlfriend of mine used to collect. His prized card was a 1948 Stan Musial.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Originally posted by Tomcat427
Just pulled some cards out. Thinking of selling 1962 Topps

#200 Mickey Mantle
#1 Roger Maris
#589 Bob Turley
#169 Bob Cerv
#110 Bill Skowron
#93 John Blanchard
#291 Hal Stowe
#570 Bill Stafford
#139 Hal Renieff
#455 Luis Arroyo
#338 Billy Gardner
#88 Ralph Houk
#31 Tom Tresh
#473 Elston Howard
#281 Jake Gibbs
#185 Roland Sheldon
#236 1961 Woeld Series Game #5
#251 1961 Yankees
#51 Batting Leaders
#311 Tony Kubek
#57 American Peaching Leaders
#59 American League Strikeout Leaders

Wow, that was fun!

I collect Basketball cards now and have been since 1992. I do have some cards that are older but most of my older cards are Baseball.

#1 and 2 on your list. WOW! You might want to hang on to those. I am sure you can get a pretty penny for those two, but I would hold up some more on them.

Tomcat427

I know I need a cage :)
Established Member
Originally posted by URDONE
#1 and 2 on your list. WOW! You might want to hang on to those. I am sure you can get a pretty penny for those two, but I would hold up some more on them.

It is fun having the 61' Yankees around:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread