Anyone change the green interior lighting?

Vinchenzo51

Established Member
i'm curious if anyone ventured into changing their dash lighting from that lovely green to something else. I'm going for a black/red theme and wanted to do red lighting inside but wasn't sure how involved its going to be.

anyone?

futureSVT

Established Member
you could probably change the dash lights but if you wanted to change the gauge color you would have to buy q new gauge cluster

Vinchenzo51

Established Member
i think im going to start with the dash lights, like heat knobs and stuff then work over to the gauges. i already have 6 or 7 autometer ultra lite digital gauges, so i might suck it up and buy the digital speedo and digital tach and replace my cluster with that autometer race cluster they sell for all autometer gauges, i think it would be sick to have an entire digital gauge set

but i still dont know how much of a pain in the ass its going to be to make everything red in there, i think im going to give it a shot next weekend so ill post pics if i actually accomplish this

ram360

Running on 7 Cylinders
Established Member
I would like to do something similar too! Might change to super bright LEDs

Calderon_Cobra

Generic bad ass cobra
Established Member
I changed the A/C lights to an led blue looks cool, i did the three buttons too but they where too bright and kinda blinded me and my wife so I changed them back looking for duller ones now, but I really don't have the time!!!!!!

DSC03234.gif

DSC03231.gif

moot09

Established Member
I think theres a guy on here with an sn cobra by the name tx someting. but he swapped out the bulbs in the cluster for white leds that showed blue through the gauges. I think all he did was just swap out the bulbs, said it was pretty easy.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Gauges are backlit by electroluminescent film

not possible to change color, AFAIK

Last edited:

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
Anyone have a link for the light up coin holder delete plate with 6 speed pattern? (See Calderon_Cobra's pics above.)

Did a google search but only find the Steeda stainless one.

Calderon_Cobra

Generic bad ass cobra
Established Member
try ONin60.com thats the company i bought mine from, as far as the HVAC i removed it split it along the snaps cut the green film out snapped it back together, slapped it back in as far as the knobs i took a small screw driver pushed the clear part out backwards and scraped the green paint off. Then I changed the bulbs out for blue LEDs. sounds harder than it really is.... sorry for the bad details i cut my finger and am on a crap load of meds!!!! almost lost it..

Users who are viewing this thread