Anyone built their own ram air from stock box?

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
right, but if you add the k&n drop in and the ram...wouldnt that help? or you're just saying overall airflow through the stock box is limited? at less than 450hp is it really gonna even make a difference anyway?

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
No I was saying the stock filter won't let enough air flow A K&N would help a lot if its a cone filter

Last edited:

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
how about this? has anyone modified the jlp box, non ram air one, to add a duct? does it already have an opening? thoughts?

OH-MAN

Established Member
I did the mod on the stock air box. The big problem is getting the flange that comes out of the bottom of the airbox. I got mine from the original poster that built the one in the how to.
I am now using the same setup on my airaid just did the flange mod to the bottom of it instead of the stock box.

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
kromdom said:
YES, there is already an opening with a flange at the bottom of the airbox. it is lready to accept a hose and duct:
http://www.johnnylightningperf.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=33
cool, talking to a guy lookin to sell one for $100, if I could just throw a hose and duct on it and have essentially the same setup id be happy...even if its not CARB compliant :bash: we are talking about this one, right? http://www.johnnylightningperf.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=32

Last edited:

kromdom

1KWKTRK
Established Member
yup, saw that ad also...darn good deal (I almost thought of ditching my K&N FIPK for it). Good luck!

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
kromdom said:
yup, saw that ad also...darn good deal (I almost thought of ditching my K&N FIPK for it). Good luck!
thanks, hes gonna send pics so if its in good shape i just might have to swipe it up...does the k&n not have a lower pipe?

kromdom

1KWKTRK
Established Member
The K&N FIPK is not rigged for a hose and duct but I have been thinking of modding it. However, K&N has very well paid engineers who did the R&D for their design...have to give that some credit

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
I'll have to assume then, a modded jlp box to ram air is going to be better than a modded stock box with k&n drop in? would this be a good investment possibly? not looking for any type of gains, just like the sound most intakes make and wouldnt mind picking up an mpg if possible, and if gains are felt then all the better.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
If you want I have my old ram air tube that I took off when I replaced it with a LFP CAI setup.

Users who are viewing this thread