Anyone blocked off the side exhaust and ran Borla s?

AZCobraCMDR

Established Member
Have my Boss side exhaust fully open right now, and am thinking about removing it. I blocked it off and my GT500 axlebacks just seem to quiet now. I want something just a bit louder than the GT500s, with no drone. Anyone gone from Boss exhaust to Borla S axlebacks? Louder or quieter than open side pipes? More or less drone? Thanks!

2Boss4U

Established Member
Im running a BBK Cat Delete, Borla X-pipe with side pipes removed, resonator deletes, and flowmaster outlaws...I couldnt be happier with the sound, very little rasp and no drone what so ever. They are deep and loud, have received several compliments on the set up.

AZCobraCMDR

Established Member
Im running a BBK Cat Delete, Borla X-pipe with side pipes removed, resonator deletes, and flowmaster outlaws...I couldnt be happier with the sound, very little rasp and no drone what so ever. They are deep and loud, have received several compliments on the set up.

That sounds like it would be louder than what I have. I want to back it off just a bit...

AZBOSS

Established Member
I dunno man but ROUSH is the way to go for axlebacks if you like em loud without breaking the bank. Could hear mine in-person sometime, I'm in Chandler.

2Boss4U

Established Member
Honestly if your looking for sound, a cat delete will open up alot of flow to your exhaust so youll hear everything your axlebacks have to offer. BBK or Jegs cat deletes are $130 ish so its not breaking the bank either, but youll also require a tuner because its going to pop a 02 code.

Users who are viewing this thread