Anyone bent their BMR LCA relocation brackets?

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
Finally made it out to a prepped 1/4m and bent some stuff and gashed my fairly new 305/35 ET street with the metal lip around my fender well :cuss: Photos are the drivers side and no I did not have them welded in which may or may not have been the problem. The drivers side just folded up on me. Yes once the track warmed up it started to hook real nice.:poke::beer:

100_3742.jpg

100_3741.jpg

100_3739.jpg

Last edited:

Coonsnake

Established Member
thats got to suck. I plan on running this weekend, i have the same brackets hope that dont happen to me. How hard were you launching

skyhighsd

Established Member
WOW, that sucks! That would be worth at least a phone call to BMR. I have the same brackets but I welded mine and have not gone to the track yet. Might be worth looking at them this winter to see if there is a way to reinforce them more.

MD03SVT

Established Member
I have owned 2 GT500's 1 vert 10.98 and my coupe 10.37,I have over 100 runs dumping at 5000+RPM with slicks on each car with these relocation brackets (Welded) without any problems what so ever.I feel that not welding them is probably the culprit.

R1Lello

Established Member
I have owned 2 GT500's 1 vert 10.98 and my coupe 10.37,I have over 100 runs dumping at 5000+RPM with slicks on each car with these relocation brackets (Welded) without any problems what so ever.I feel that not welding them is probably the culprit.

BINGO !!! Need to be welded.

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
is your car lowered? with having the relocation brackets i am going to say yes. now the next question i have is, do you have an adjustable panhard rod bar? i did the exact same thing in my car with J&M's brackets, they were not welded either but the culprit was the fact that I didn't have the adjustable panhard bar and my rear end was not centered under my car after lowering it, and basicly the car was launching sideways and putting some side load on the brackets and ultimately twisting them, i ended up welding mine and getting the adjustable bar and never had the problem again but if you don't have the adjustable panhard bar you need it and that was the problem not specificly welding them

here is a pic of what mine did
bentrelbrac.2.jpg

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
Thanks Brandon for the photo, I thought this happened to you way back. My car is lowered and I do have an adjustible panhard but as much as its been adjusted the rear still sits a tad to the left (from the rear view).
With no more failures out there and many running slicks with these brackets I think my culprit is movement. Ill be able to tell when I get the car on lift and see the top bolt which is impossible to get to from the ground.
I even occasionally had a poping noise coming from that area while in reverse and having my wheels turned sharp in the last few weeks so I think it was trying to warn me.:smmon:

Thanks for the input.:beer:

SLGT750

Established Member
I have the CHE lowering brackets and am real happy with them. I have not welded them but they use the factory bracket to hold them in place. On the lower arc of the factory bracket there is a notch, the CHE utilize this in their brackets which none of the others do not. So if your not into welding I believe these are the strongest ones out there!
http://www.cheperformance.com/CartGenie/prod-209.htm

500DRAGPAC

Established Member
Thanks Brandon for the photo, I thought this happened to you way back. My car is lowered and I do have an adjustible panhard but as much as its been adjusted the rear still sits a tad to the left (from the rear view).
With no more failures out there and many running slicks with these brackets I think my culprit is movement. Ill be able to tell when I get the car on lift and see the top bolt which is impossible to get to from the ground.
I even occasionally had a poping noise coming from that area while in reverse and having my wheels turned sharp in the last few weeks so I think it was trying to warn me.:smmon:

Thanks for the input.:beer:
did the same thing last year in my car dragged it off the line,removed the brackets and kept on racing.got the car home took a hammer to the bracket and added a small brace then welded them like I was told for racing and never had a problem again.

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
Notice I was using the lower holes and was told to use the upper ones next time. The lower control arms are angled down to the rear a little bit when level but not bad. Which mounting holes are people using? Car is lowered. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread