Anyone able to vouch for these wheels? Or, can you give opinions, please?

FHATTCATT

Venom Still In 'Em
Established Member
Am weighing pros and cons of getting my rear wheels widened and then putting wider donuts on versus buying a new set.

Has anyone got any perspective/intel on Project 6GR wheels? Or... give opinions on the wheels in the first pic going on my 09 in the 2nd pic below.

Was looking at their 20x11 50mm offset w/ 305/35/20's (rear) and 20x10 35mm offset w/ 275/35/20's (front) combo. The tires are Mickey T Street Comp radials.

What they look like:
Screenshot_2016-08-19-21-17-39_zpsqrp2cayt.png

My bucket:
20160507_164647_zpstucurdlz.jpg

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I think those wheels look pretty bad ass actually.
If you go to that other Mustang forum,.....there are cars with those exact wheels. They may be able to help you out. Good luck!
(If you don't know what forum I am referring to, please pm me, as I don't think we're allowed to post other Mustang forum links here. Thanks!)

FHATTCATT

Venom Still In 'Em
Established Member
Thanks all so far. A major reason for leaning towards not widening the current wheels is I'm looking for wheels that'll be easier to clean- less spokes and all areas easily accessed to clean. 7 spokes with wider open areas between is a plus. Haven't found a 5 spoke set I liked, yet. Also, am thinking that there's a potential for balancing issues after widening my current wheels. Am pretty sure the new wheels are also lighter. And, after selling my current wheels, I think the total investment going with the new wheels/tires would be less than getting these widened along with new tires.

Why Try

Established Member
I like your current wheels better than the 7 spokes.. I think the 7 spokes look good on the new rounded body style, old Foxes, or SN-95's but not the 99-14. I have not seen a lot of GT500's with your wheels so I would keep them and get a wheel for show or racing or what ever you need them for. I have a different set of rims for Drag, Show, Auto X, Cruising, and factory 17's for burnouts and f'ing around. My wife says you can never have to many shoes.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Going that wide on a 20" will affect the ride considerably. Especially with the low profile you are seeking. There's no meat left to grab. Stretched low profile don't grab for crap. Best bet is 19" with a taller tire.

FHATTCATT

Venom Still In 'Em
Established Member
For the short term, I've decided to get 305 35 20 Eagle f1's for the rear. I had 305 35 20 Mickey T drag radials (still for sale) on for a day. Though I didn't like how they felt for primarily street driving, they looked well. I know the Eagles, though wider, still won't hook well launching, but maybe they'll keep it from getting sideways at 100mph+ lIke it does now. Per some suggestions, I will also look into 19" options when I make a longer term decision in that more sidewall wold probably help.

Users who are viewing this thread