Anybody's fan run constantly w/ Procharger?

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
Since I put my P1sc kit in a little over 2 weeks ago, my fan runs non-stop. Is this maybe from the new computer chip telling it to run? Surely not. Although my coolant stock gauge never goes over half way..ie..between the "c" & "h."

Homer or Raider, have u gentlemen "tightend" your supercharger belt yet? Manual says 100 miles OR less. If so how did u do it specifically(i'm sure the tensioner, but how). Thanks in advance

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
I haven't had to tighten my belt since install... Check to see it your fan resistor is still mounted. Did you fill the radiator through the manifold first, and then add to the overflow tank?

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Yes. The fan is ALWAYS on. I think the chip they sent us has a program to turn the fan on at an earlier temp, and leave it on longer.

Did you actually remove your thermostat, and put that little aluminum plug in? I havent done either. I might put that plug in this weekend because of the hotter months.

About the belt: I could barely even fit it over the pulleys with the tensioner pulled all the way back.. it took some persuasion. Im sure the tensioner took up all the slack.

So, how do you like it so far? Does your walbro fuel pump still work?

-Homer

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
Well it seems to hesitate a little on the when stepping on the gas..maybe a little rich. I love the "whine" it gives off! It feels much faster than my stock Camaro SS.

I have my dyno appointment in the morning. So I will tune while on the dyno.

:p

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
Well I was a little dissappointed after the dyno today. Running the full 8psi I managed only 360 rwhp & 348 rwtorque. Although the air/fuel is really RICHHHH. I am called ATI today and the are having me fax over my dyno chart and will most likely lean out the ATI-supplied computer chip.

I was hoping for around 410 rwhp or more. Who said tuning was easy...I'll keep ya posted.

Homer or Raider, have u dynoed yours yet?

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
Also to, I made an appointment today to have the 4.10 gears put in on May 7th...arrGGGGG can't wait till then baby!

Either of u two have different gears than stock 3.27's? I have heard from several source that the 4.10s make a huge difference in acceleration.

1slosnake

10 second pilot
Established Member
Big difference in acceleration, but big lose of traction :burnout: , remember everything you do is a compromise especially when it comes to modifying a car.
My car also dynoed 360 & 350 with a pre-made tune. After some custom tuning and 1 Pro-M Univer later I now have 465 & 415 at the wheels. I can't stress enough the importance of getting a custom tune. For maxium performance & also to ensure longeivity of the setup. :)

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
Yeah, I was 449.1 SAE hp & 409.2 tq. I was having fuel pressure problems. I just switched to the 03 Cobra fuel pumps, I will be on the dyno w/ Jerry again soon!

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
My tune seems to be fine straight from procharger.

11.5 / 12.0 across the board with NO dynotune

461/431 through the stock 4 cat H pipe. My LMAF is also pegged.

-Homer

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
kpyzfrwon, The 4.10s are going to put you in the back seat :nice:

You really need to get it tuned done to feel the full power. Where are you located? The guy that does my tune is awesome. He flashes the PCM and can apply changes on the dyno. I believe you can find his schedule at http://www.fordchip.com

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Oh and yea... traction would be a big big problem with 4:10's

I had fun with a turbo MX-6 today on the highway, and I forgot to disable the traction control... I noticed the light came on all through first, second, and every time I changed gears...even when I shifted to 5th at 135!!

-Homer

-Homer

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Im definately looking for a gear change.

3:73's are probably my top cantidate now.... but i heard this aftermarket company (cant remember what its called, but i read about them somewhere) that makes different ratios than ford... like 3:90's and other sizes?

Since I do lots of highway driving and road tripping, 3:73's or 3:90's would be great.

I hate working with that stupid IRS though. And I guarantee ill get raped with labor costs if i have someone else do it.

-Homer

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
Gonna cost me about 250.00 plus gear oil, etc...all & all about 325.00 done.

Plus they highly recommend a speedo recalibrator...$100.00

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
What? 325 installed?? thats nuts!! especially with the stupid IRS!

If youve already got a chip, you dont need a Speedo recalibrator, you can get that programmed into a chip.... whoever made my chip that came with my procharger already programmed 3:73's into the chip...

I havent put 3:73's in it.... so the speedo is slow... I gotta watch my speed sometimes... but the good thing is i put less miles on my car... "sort of"

So, does your fan always run with your prochager?? haha... sorry, this thread is way off topic!

-Homer

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
Yes my fan always runs with the ATI supplied chip. The temp never goes above the half way mark. Thanks for mentioning about the speedo recalibrate & the chip. I appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread