Anybody work as a Service Advisor at a Ford dealership?

ILLBITE

1 Bad GT
Established Member
The reason why I asked I just recently applied to be one at a local dealer. Can any one tell me briefly what Service advisors partcularly do day by day? I already know what they generally do as far as relating to customers and such with their(customers) automotive maintance and such. But any more feed back would be appreciated! :coolman: What is the pay like?

redstang98

slooooooow
Established Member
I interned as a service advisor at a Honda dealership last summer. Being an intern I hardly made anything, but depending on location, an advisor can make a pretty good deal of money. Basically what a service advisor does is...
Customer comes in with busted car or needing maintenance,
You greet them, gather info from car, gather info from customer,
find out what they need or what the complaint is,
enter all this info in the computer, print it out, go over cost, have them sign it,
Customer goes away, technicians work on car, you answer phones, make phone calls,
When the tech figures out what is wrong with the car, he tells you, then you relay that to the customer,
If the customer has warranty you work that out, if they have aftermarket warranty, you call them and see if it's covered,
Then the car either gets fixed or you get to deal with an angry customer because it's so expensive (this was always fun)
When all is said and done, you hand customer a very large bill, they leave, and onto the next one

That's at least how it was at the dealership I worked with. Reading over what I just wrote it sounds really boring, but I had a lot of fun, the people I worked with were great, and customers kept it interesting. It's amazing some of the things a customer will tell you.

Good luck on getting the job, hopefully this answered your question a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread