Anybody with corsa extremes that rattle ?

raptorgabe

Established Member
ANYBODY WITH CORSA EXTREMES !! They sound amazing but the drivers side muffler has a rattle almost like someothin inside is loose and it's not hitting anything anywhere ! I can get under it and put pressure on bottom and it stops ! Any ideas it's driving me nuts to the point where I don't want to drive my car ! Got them used and no rattle after about 1000 miles now it's rattling any ideas il try to to get a video

Lemonth

Established Member
Have you tried tightening the whole exhaust system? Also maybe the placement of the clamps is off. I would try taking the clamp off completely and putting them back on. I had a rattling kind of noise from my mufflers, which are Roush. I heard a noise of something moving inside when I tapped on them. I shook it for an hour until I got a chunk of build up free from it. Also make sure the tip isn't coming in contact with the bumper.

vortecd

Established Member
spray some oil in the hangers and see if it helps. I have seen after market mufflers rattle being the metal hanger is smaller then the stocks one so there is a little play

raptorgabe

Established Member
the muffler clamps ? i can tap on them and nothing! only when the car revs and its the drivers side ! maybe il pull it off and see if its inside cuz thats whta it sounds like! il see about the oil seems like if i push the muffler up it stops ! had the wife in the car revving and me doing everything and that seemed to make it stop

Last edited:

basspro302

Established Member
Sounds like it's miss adjusted, you definitely have metal on metal contact some where check all the hangers and pipes it's hitting somewhere.

raptorgabe

Established Member
I have checked everything and it's only drivers side as soon as I grab the muffler it don't do it anymore !

basspro302

Established Member
It's probably a hanger rubbing on the top I had a similar issue its very hard to see but it was rubbing making a loud as rattle

raptorgabe

Established Member
Yeah I checked it all again has a little dent on top and if I push that down the noise stops so maybe trying getting that out might fix it at this point don't really know ! I can push on hangers from top and noise stays there

robrbn

Established Member
With the car off.. try tapping on the muffler with a rubber mallet. May be able to isolate whether it's actually rubbing somewhere or if something possibly happened internally to the muffler.

raptorgabe

Established Member
Well guys I adjust the over the axle pipe took off the muffler and the spot I could push to make the sound stop I hit with a rubber mallet and put it back together and now it stopped so it was one of them lol

robrbn

Established Member
Well guys I adjust the over the axle pipe took off the muffler and the spot I could push to make the sound stop I hit with a rubber mallet and put it back together and now it stopped so it was one of them lol

Glad to hear your go it straightened out. Shit like that drives me crazy.

TorchRed3v

Established Member
I had the same issue on mine. The hanger was just barely touching the bracket and only did it at certain times. I ended up loosening where over axles meet with the X pipe and pushed the over axles forward just a bit. It gave me just enough clearance to stop the rattling. It may not look like its touching at first and it threw me off but that was the problem. Hope this helps, just some personal experience with the same axle backs taught me this.

Edit: Sorry for the late post, looks like the problem is fixed. Glad it all worked out for you!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread