Anybody with 19s running this tire?

Kobreh

Established Member
Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110

It's time for new rear tires for my 2010. It's a daily driver with ~550 whp. I live in Texas so the car sees rain but no snow. There doesn't seem to be much offered for the 19s. I'd like to get the rears widened, but that may wait a while.

These tires look like they may be slightly shorter than stock height, but wider. These are just a little cheaper, have better user ratings, same speed ratings, and slightly better treadwear than Nitto Invos. Anyone have experience?

R1Lello

Established Member
I'm buying them for my wife's bmw x3.....no, not a shelby but I did do some reading and it's their latest tire and rated very good

jsarkis

Established Member
Not much for street tires in the 19. I have the BF Goodrich KDW NT (2s) on my stock rims 295/35/19. I was thinking of trying those before I bought these. Let us know what you think, I've heard good reviews.

Kobreh

Established Member
Not much for street tires in the 19. I have the BF Goodrich KDW NT (2s) on my stock rims 295/35/19. I was thinking of trying those before I bought these. Let us know what you think, I've heard good reviews.

I just noticed you're in Houston as well. Is yours Kona blue with silver stripes? I think I've seen your car on the west side of Houston near I-10 and I recognized those tires. I was upset I wasn't in my Shelby at the time. Those tires look aggressive.

I'm considering trying to Hankook's, but haven't dropped the hammer yet. I'll let you know how I like them.

orange04

Established Member
These tires are great. I'm running a 275/40 19 on a 9.5 inch wheel. I wanted to fill the fender gap on mine with the FRPP springs. Tires handle great and not much tire spin with a pullied car and 3.73s, I mean you can roast them if you want but they stick like my Azenis 315's on my 04 Cobra :).

Kobreh

Established Member
These tires are great. I'm running a 275/40 19 on a 9.5 inch wheel. I wanted to fill the fender gap on mine with the FRPP springs. Tires handle great and not much tire spin with a pullied car and 3.73s, I mean you can roast them if you want but they stick like my Azenis 315's on my 04 Cobra :).

Great news! Thanks for the input, I think I'll try the 305s and see how I like them. Hopefully there is enough sidewall

orange04

Established Member
Keep in mind, the stock tire is 27.0 inches tall. I had a 285/30 19 on my car before i went to the 275 and the fenderwell gap looked horrible. Just remember with the 305 it would be like raising your car a half inch in regards to fender well gap.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
those are great tires. supposedly the invos are a little quieter but thats about it. the invos cost quite a bit more. ive put the V12s on a few cars now. definitely good tire for the price too.

jsarkis

Established Member
I just noticed you're in Houston as well. Is yours Kona blue with silver stripes? I think I've seen your car on the west side of Houston near I-10 and I recognized those tires. I was upset I wasn't in my Shelby at the time. Those tires look aggressive.

I'm considering trying to Hankook's, but haven't dropped the hammer yet. I'll let you know how I like them.

Cool. No I have a performance white with grabber blue stripes. The tread pattern on these are aggressive and they hook better than the stockers (with a stage II).

How tall are the Hankook's in the 305/30/19? I can't find the info. for some reason, thanks.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
For my street tires right now I'm running BFG KDW2s...295/30ZR19 rear and 275/35ZR19 front. I've had them for more than 1 1/2 years...including burnouts, breaking traction, and beating on ym car, they still have a ton of tread left. They're awesome n the rain as well. my next set of tires Ima try the General Exclaim UHPs...325s in the rear and 255s up front. They have great treadware and are wide as hell (I have 11" wide rears) so Ima try them out for looks and treadwear. Let me know how those Hankooks are....

Users who are viewing this thread