Anybody watch LeMans?

LS-WHAT?

Established Member
They also had problems with the rear suspension. I hear that the turbos gave up but still nothing from Peugeot.

Utfan, there might have been some of those running around but the ones in GT1 are wider than that and were made by matech.

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
Yea plus the problems with windshields in general with racing.
Figuring out the wipers at those speeds when it rains. And if there is oil on the track you're pretty much ****ed with a windshield --> You almost have to come in for a pit stop.

But then again there are the obvious aerodynamic benefits. I think the R18 will be a closed cockpit though as Ulrich implied. Reason being that Audi only went to open cockpits because of the pit stop regulations (allowing more time for a driver change, etc.).
However because these regulations were changed after the R15's development had already started Audi had to stick with open cockpits.

Now with the R18 I think they will go back to closed cockpits, especially because aerodynamic efficiency will be more important with weaker engines.
Supposedly the soon to be released regulations are:
2l gasoline turbos
3.6l NA gasoline engines
3.7l turbo diesel engines

It sure will be interesting :pop:

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
Yes, the GTs were really dominant. Even against the old GT1 Corvettes. It is a good thing there will only be one GT class because GT1 really was not as exiting as GT 2 in previous years. You pretty much knew the GT1 Corvettes were going to win. haha. Now, LMP1 is getting really good too. I think next year both Audi and Peugeot will have new cars.

One more reason to love Matech and their Ford GTs :bowdown:

An all girls team (car 63):

shoot_0310_20_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread