Anybody want my Cobra?

ChuckysSVT

LS1/6 speed 68 Camaro
Established Member
go pick it up for a day..tell em you want some parts...well swap out the trans and rear and Ill hook you up w/ a nice wad of cash

whippleblown03

Established Member
ChuckysSVT said:
go pick it up for a day..tell em you want some parts...well swap out the trans and rear and Ill hook you up w/ a nice wad of cash
thats what i am thinking! i got a hoist and could swap it all out in about 8 hrs! what kind of dodge truck did you get? your going to miss playing with that car! i got a beater truck (1997 f150 220,000 miles) keep the cobra in the garage during the bad months and rain!

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Ok, here's the list:

1. 2.8, 100 mm idler and 11.8:1 RWTD tune
2. Ported TB and Plenum
3. MGW shifter (Red)
4. Spare wheels (2) for sale with new tires 450.00 (at my house, they didn't get 'em.)
5. UPR quadrant and FW adjuster
6. New clutch cable
7. Full built T-56 with 26 spline input, Viper 5th and 6th, billet synchro dogs, brass fork pads, carbon fibre synchros, steel forks, HD bearing set etc. Good for 800/800.
8. Built IRS with Auburn Ekted Electric Locker, 4.10's also good for 800/800.
9. CF DF clutch and PP.
10. LDC colling mod and the clutch return spring.

I don't know what they're gonna sk but car can probably be had for 24-25K or so.

The tranny has 3K on it and the IRS has 1K on it. She's wearing worn out MT's right now, needs the new Hoosiers. I got an '05 Ram 1500 Quad cab 4X4 with the Hemi, nice truck. Something to pull my next toy with. It's on the lot and they won't let anyone but managers drive it as I told them it'll kill somebody that doesn't know what they're doing.

Last edited:

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Kirkland Transmission can build ya one for $800 labor with you supplying the parts. If your current rig is in good shape that would be about $800-1000 depending on which options ya choose. With the Viper gears ya have two ways to go:

1. Change out the entire output shaft for the solid unit from the Viper including the new main shaft mating gear, the u-joint and spline on the driveshaft and send Liberty Gears the tail housing to have it ported for the new shaft, cost? About $700.

2. Go with the current output shaft and driveshaft setup and get the reworked Z-06 5th, 6th and mainshaft mating gear from D&D Performance, cost? About $450.

Other parts involved:

Billet synchro dogs $75.00
Brass pads for forks $45.00
Carbon synchros $150.00
HD bearing kit $175.00
Rebuild kit $150.00
26 spline input shaft (Liberty Gears) $257.00
Shim kit $15.00

I also had to replace 3rd and the synchro locking rings. For regular part, i.e. gears etc., use Liberty Gears as they are cheaper. It's a two day job if ya have the parts ready. Call Ellis or contact TwoFast4Lv over at ls1tech.com in the NorthWest section about it. He built mine.

whippleblown03

Established Member
You got a HEMI! SWEEEEEET LOL

Rode in a new truck just like that a few weeks ago after i dropped off his vette (tuned it up) leather, sunroof, nice ride.

im thinking of building a stroker maverick for the drags. just got my 1972 grabber back. hope to see ya at the track again with another Ford!

whippleblown03

Established Member
Tylerb59 said:
Was up there earlier and flogged by sleezeball salesmen left and right.

They want $27,999.

seems high for a 03 with those miles! i know whats in the car and its a good one! i wonder what they gave him for it! 24999 tops. come on tyler thats the car you need. the way you drive that gt that cobra would be spanking alot of cars around here! beg borrow or steal you need that cobra! :bowdown:

whippleblown03

Established Member
anyone buy charlies cobra yet! that thing is set! all mods done and done right! i bet it runs mid 11's easy tyler should buy it or a svt performance member! offer them 24000 out the door!

C Weil

Established Member
Why didn't you let me know it had a driveline vibration? I could have fixed that for you- it's a really common problem on 99-04 Cobra's w/ IRS.

I'm sorry to hear you sold it! But, you should be able to build a fox that will be faster, lighter, and better handling than the previous flavor. Still sucks to have to sell it, though!

Users who are viewing this thread