anybody using the new inlet for the 3.4???

lightning666

Established Member
anybody using this, I just ordered one and a GT accufab throttle body for my 3.4. Just wanna see if anybody has had good results with this. I'm probably going to get the spacer also.

top_complete.jpg

complete.jpg

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I'd like to, but I don't feel like destroying my firewall just to get it in there.

I'm going with a remote mount for the IAC to hopefully make plug changes a little easier.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
That's a nice setup, but I agree with eric. I wouldn't want to jack up my firewall more than it is already for the KB setup.

lightning666

Established Member
well i just feel that my 2.3 whipple worked a whole lot better than this one. It just seems like it needs to breathe, so if my firewall has to suffer thats cool with me.

lightning666

Established Member
I'm running it at 15lbs and it doent make any power, so i'm turning it up to 18 on monday to see how it does. but this setup cant hurt.

lightning666

Established Member
trickperformanceproducts.com, and I have mark from LFP checking on the tb for me, should know by monday. It's suppose to take like two weeks to get built, since right now theyre only made to order and not in stock.

Kellyo77

keep calm and chive on!
Established Member
Gotta agree with everyone else. The 3.4 doesn't really shine until you are at or over 25lbs or so. Should have put the money you spent on the new inlet towards a built shortblock. Or whatever you need to be able to turn the boost up.
The new inlet is badass looking though.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
Is everyone making these statements about the 3.4L's efficiency from experience or just from what you've heard???

I'D WIN

Established Member
Almost guarantee its hearsay.

I found the sweet spot to be 24 lbs. I hit 733rwhp all boost on CA pump gas til my head lifted. Anything below 22 lbs., the blower was just begging fore more.

The Trick intake is nice but like already mentioned, the firewall needs to be massaged. For the price and if your willing to modify the firewall, it can't be beat. The Mustang guys have proven that the sheetmetal intake really opens up the Whippy.

Trick doesn't stock them because they are made to order based on what the customer wants.

Last edited:

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
Is everyone making these statements about the 3.4L's efficiency from experience or just from what you've heard???

its what we have heard but its hat we have heard from people with experience or least in my case and im sure same for everyone else they hear from someone knows from experience then we all share the word to help other people

SS THiS

03 Lightning
Established Member
Well A friend did the 3.4 16lb of boost and it hit 650h/p with pump gas. In my book thats great! I'm at 660h/p with C-16 and 21lbs of boost.

Users who are viewing this thread