Anybody using the LFP dual pass HE

I8URZ28

gas mileage is overrated!
Established Member
I was just curious seeing how I will finally be getting my HE/ic res this month. I did a search on it and there wasen't really much info on it. WHat is the real difference? Is it just as easy to install as the regular HE? Thanks in advance :beer:

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
I have the AFCO Pro with the double pass design. MUCH easier to install since both inlet and outlet are on the pass. side. Hardest part was getting the stock HE and lines out. Install was a snap. :beer:

SkipBuxton

Established Member
I can tell you after a bit of research that the LFP units are actually Fluidyne units with some extras put on by LFP and sold as LFP. I am going with the actual FLUIDYNE unit so I know they will stand behind it. I know of a case where someone had problems with the LFP unit - attempted to return it to LFP and they said sorry it is a Fluidyne piece - so they went to Fluidyne and they rejected it too because LFP took their base unit and added a core cap and some bracketry which releases Fluidyne from any warranty issues.
If you call LFP - I am betting they wont tell you who actually manufactures their units.

I8URZ28

Established Member
so how much better is a dual pass vs an origional LFP HE? I am trying to figure out if it is worth the extra $$ I mean is it something that is made for extreme applications like auto X-ing / road racing ? or is it better for everyday street driving?

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
I8URZ28 said:
so how much better is a dual pass vs an origional LFP HE? I am trying to figure out if it is worth the extra $$ I mean is it something that is made for extreme applications like auto X-ing / road racing ? or is it better for everyday street driving?

Not sure if anyone has hard data on whether the dual pass cools better or not. It makes sense that it would because the fluid passes through the system twice giving it twice the time to dissipate heat.

I8URZ28

Established Member
so is anybody currently running the LFP dual pass? was the installation any different than the normal LFP HE?

Bullitt4110

Established Member
Just got my Dual pass HE and IC resevior. Install was fairly easy and took less than an hour to complete. So far so good. They both look great.

slvrbk04

Established Member
I just installed the AfCO Pro dual pass. Extremely well engineered, easy to install and fills the entire grill opening

slvrbk04

Established Member
Lethal performance carries the AFCO heat exchanger. They will price match and free shipping is included. The Lethal guys are very knowledgeable about everything they sell and the customer service is 0utstanding!

Users who are viewing this thread