Anybody use a front-end Bra on their Cobra?? Paint sucks.

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
I have a 2004 Torch Red and winter is here on Long Island.

well the first few months with the car were chip free but now im starting to notice like 5 little chips on my front hood...only a tiny one on the bumper.

the paint on the hood seems very thin and sucks for daily driving ...so i was thinking of just touching up the little chips, throwing on some heavy wax...and putting on a front-end bra.

anybody hear of the Colgan Bras?? they look pretty nice. they also have a carbon fiber vinyl look as well.

what bras are you guyz using and do you recommend the use of one??

Thanks

oldnfast

approaching ancient
Established Member
I bought the one from Ford (it has Cobra embroidered on the hood cover).

I bought the "cling" window tint, cut it and applied it to the rub edges/points on the bumper & hood. This prevents scuffing the paint. I use the hood cover a lot. I use the bumper cover on trips only. After two years, the paint is still like new.

:-D

Orange Poison

Established Member
Get the Colgan Bras at autoanything.com

They rule! Great fit, quality, looks good and the price is right. Go for it!

And, don't ever...I mean don't ever do any highway driving without it. Unless you want a pitted front end.

Vince Vaughn

Get the 3M clear plastic shield instead

I would go for the 3M adhesive plastic you can't even see it and it absorbs all impact from pebbles. I see you're on strong island - do you drive that cobra all winter regardless of weather?

sonicblu03

Established Member
I have the colgan bra for highway trips. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Can put it on or take it off in less than 5 minutes. :rockon:

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
SooperDave said:
I would go for the 3M adhesive plastic you can't even see it and it absorbs all impact from pebbles. I see you're on strong island - do you drive that cobra all winter regardless of weather?

its mostly a daily driver but not in bad rain or if it snows. i ordered a cover for it for rainy days and when it snows out.

other than that i put about 1k miles on month on it. mostly around town and some highway.

thing is...right now im 3 years into college for my business degree....however...my dad hooked my up with an internship as a sales rep for a pharmaceutical company...therefore...while in school and the internship...i gotta use the cobra...cant be pulling up in my other pickup truck to work(that i now use for my part time electrician job) ya know what i mean. so therefore...i need something to protect the car on the highway too.

i dont like the 3m bras because i know a few friends of my dad that have them on thier porsche and Bmw's and after about a year they turn a slight yellowish color. plus...it costs around 500-600 bucks to have the 3M clear bra kit installed that covers the front end. about 350-400 for the kit and another 150 for install...thats too much...im saving for some more mods so i dont wanna get too crazy. plus...if the rock is gonna chip the paint...it will go right through the clear bra at 60mph on the LIE...ya know..eventually it will chip.

i heard that the colgans were nice. anyone got any pics of an 03/04 with a front end colgan bra.

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
no..on the colgan website as well as autoanything.com...they have options for SVT cobra coupe...you need the cobra one because of the fog lights and grill in the bumper.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
Here ya go, some pics. Check out the License Plate Bracket, I'm using the Bra as a mounting point, my design, no holes drilled in bumper. :beer:

DSC01962.jpg

DSC01977.jpg

Last edited:

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
BLK03SVT10TH said:
Here ya go, some pics. Check out the License Plate Bracket, I'm using the Bra as a mounting point, my design, no holes drilled in bumper. :beer:

DSC01962.jpg

DSC01977.jpg

Thats a pretty nifty idea! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread