Anybody switch colors late in the game?

Snoopy49

Established Member
You should be able to change any option up until the order gets accepted for production.

Lemers

Established Member
I tried to, but MAS won't let me right now. My car isn't supposed to be built until Dec, so I'm taking it up their chain to see if I can change.

Para81

Established Member
I think the car looks awesome in just about every color. Didn't get in touch with my dealer but today decided to stay with Oxford White on blue as ordered. Avalanche is sweet, so is Race Red with no stripes.

Lemers

Established Member
I agree. Sometimes there is that color on a car that I just ask myself "Why?", but not with this car.

But since seeing more color options come out, I have been torn with just changing the stripes to black or going with DIB with black stripes. Both options with the black roof.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I'll be changing mine in a few hours. No VIN as of 8/26, so im pretty sure I am still good

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Avalanche grey is my favorite color on the GT350 followed by oxford white with blue stripes.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I'll be changing mine in a few hours. No VIN as of 8/26, so im pretty sure I am still good

Just tried and dealer said the order was locked. Im still happy with my current choice. Also hoping this means I have a VIN in the coming days

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This came across today....(I just changed mine to Competition Orange with a black roof and track package).

Without any sales data so far, we can at least see how other dealers are ordering their Shelby. Here's what I've found so far:
Top color is white.
Second tier: Avalanche gray, magnetic, black, blue
Bottom tier: Yellow, orange, race red
Tech package is ordered 2:1 over the track package (you can only order one)

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
on the build your own site I can choose black painted roof on a black car. Is this an oversight or are they 2 different blacks?

Para81

Established Member
This car looks fantastic in every color offered, making it a difficult choice. Race red looks fantastic even (i'm not a red car guy) and the triple yellow too. Any choice will be a good choice I believe.

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
I do wish there was a green in there (like - that crazy Viper chartreuse/lime green a couple years ago). If/when I get to order I'm going with Avalanche - and I plan to add my own green stripe.

Speaking of stripe - anyone know if are those going on at the factory or is the dealer doing that??

Para81

Established Member
I do wish there was a green in there (like - that crazy Viper chartreuse/lime green a couple years ago). If/when I get to order I'm going with Avalanche - and I plan to add my own green stripe.

Speaking of stripe - anyone know if are those going on at the factory or is the dealer doing that??

I've never heard of a dealer putting on factory Shelby stripes. If they are, they are aftermarket (or OEM ordered after the fact)

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I may have to pester one of you lucky early adopters to get me some measurements :)
Mine gets scheduled next week...

But I'm going competition orange with a black roof and no stripes. I have a sold one coming in with stripes though.

Last edited:

bullittman

Established Member
Just tried and dealer said the order was locked. Im still happy with my current choice. Also hoping this means I have a VIN in the coming days

Interesting, I have a vin (8/20) and scheduled for week 10/20. Went in on the 5th(Sept) and was able to get the order color chgd. from AG to DIB. It did not change my build date or anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread