anybody see kenne bell's new intercooler cores?

quick88lx

Established Member
from massachusettes/ staioned in louisiana
http://kennebell.net/KBWebsite/Company_pg/layouts/bigun_intercooler.htm

was just clicking through kenne bell's website and saw these, looks like they are only making them for the gt500's right now but makes me wonder if its something that we could retro fit under our blowers.... Would there be a benefit to it? Depending on the model they flow 995cfm to 1232cfm anyone know what ours flows? Thought it would be a good discussion point!

ctgreddy

Established Member
^ not necessarily. There's a guy local to me working on a better intercooler right now. he's had to come take measurements on my car of the hose fittings and what not as he's gonna make 1" inlet/outlet for the core and needed to be sure there's enough room for the lines there. Not sure how long he's still got until he gets a unit made but it'll be a good improvement. He's also been working with badass03svt and I believe he'll be getting the first test unit so it'll be tested well!

Last edited:

quick88lx

Established Member
from massachusettes/ staioned in louisiana
^ not necessarily. There's a guy local to me working on a better intercooler right now. he's had to come take measurements on my car of the hose fittings and what not as he's gonna make 1" inlet/outlet for the core and needed to be sure there's enough room for the lines there. Not sure how long he's still got until he gets a unit made but it'll be a good improvement. He's also been working with badass03svt and I believe he'll be getting the first test unit so it'll be tested well!

nice! good to know that there is potentialy better options coming soon from more than one place! without giving away his secrets or anything wont the "adaptor block" that the colant passes through to outside the manifold be a restriction as the hoses are much smaller? or is that something hes addressing as well?

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
I remember that in the really early days of the 03 Cobra a guy on here had his intercooler freeze and blow out.

So he made his own and it was quite a bit bigger. He had to make a spacer to raise the blower up higher off the intake manifold to accommodate the taller intercooler

I don't remember seeing any follow up as to whether he ever got it done and if it worked.

But that is the only way I could see to cram a bigger intercooler under the blower. I also remember that he waas going to get the intercooler core off of E-bay. And weld all the flanges on himself.

ctgreddy

Established Member
nice! good to know that there is potentialy better options coming soon from more than one place! without giving away his secrets or anything wont the "adaptor block" that the colant passes through to outside the manifold be a restriction as the hoses are much smaller? or is that something hes addressing as well?

Yes he's making a new piece with an fittings on it so everything intercooler related will be upgraded. Then it's just up to us to get/route bigger hoses and I believe an upgraded pump will be needed as well.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
it doesn't need to be bigger.....only needs to flow more water.

Svtmustang01

Established Member
Ilfp and I believe amazon makes tgese for our cars. They arent worth the money unless your stock one is done. Just buy a killer chiller instead.

SVTDice

Established Member
I'm very very interested in a higher flowing IC, Its the most restrictive part of our IC system. The lightening guys have been ahead of us for years in this department.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I'm very very interested in a higher flowing IC, Its the most restrictive part of our IC system. The lightening guys have been ahead of us for years in this department.

I would be very interested in a bigger intercooler core as well subbing

ctgreddy kinda let the cat out.....I have no official info as of yet but I will have a part for test fitting on Wednesday. Once the first one is done I will be testing back to back against the stock unit and if and when all is well the company making them will deff want to make more. Just be patient. Its taken 4 months to get to the first test fit.

gabe1530

Banned
ctgreddy kinda let the cat out.....I have no official info as of yet but I will have a part for test fitting on Wednesday. Once the first one is done I will be testing back to back against the stock unit and if and when all is well the company making them will deff want to make more. Just be patient. Its taken 4 months to get to the first test fit.
I'm looking forward to your results. I would buy one in a heartbeat if it's worth it.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member

Thats awesome. Definitely update this thread when you have new info.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
and this is NOT a KB deal if anyone thought that. When its all said and done it will be a new thread.

Keith, water flow which will reduce IAT2 at all rpm / speed / etc. More water the cooler it will run.

Users who are viewing this thread