Anybody running SPEC 2+

torridgoat05

Established Member
so pretty much i have the roush TVS on my car with stock tune, i will be throwing on a JLT CAI along with a BBR tune in the next couple of days.. my next course of action is going to be slicks and skinnies and a clutch to get my car in good position for next season. I have had great experience with SPEC on my 03 cobra..so has anyone run a SPEC 2+ on a coyote?

torridgoat05

Established Member
i knew that would be a suggestion, honestly even tho this could be cutting a corner i have other parts that i need to buy and twin discs are looking to be anywhere from 900-1200 to start. so if a SPEC 3+ ran well with my 725rwhp COBRA im pretty sure a 2+ could hold my 550rwhp (est) on my 5.0 and still have street manners until i pick up a second car

ViciousJay

Established Member
why bother with any aftermarket? the boss has the same trans but better clutch that can hold over 800 rwhp... give a call to Evolution, chuck could definitely elaborate more

BlackMamba3

Established Member
why bother with any aftermarket? the boss has the same trans but better clutch that can hold over 800 rwhp... give a call to Evolution, chuck could definitely elaborate more

Some people just wanna upgrade bro. I'll admit it's insane that the stock Boss clutch can handle that much torque.

torridgoat05

Established Member
the boss clutch is def another option but i heard the bolt pattern is different, so im guessing i would need the flywheel also..wonder how much the boss clutch is

ViciousJay

Established Member
the boss clutch is def another option but i heard the bolt pattern is different, so im guessing i would need the flywheel also..wonder how much the boss clutch is

hmmm, thats a possibility but think of this, you would get two things out of the way anddddd youd have a beefy stock clutch that probably would be tougher then most aftermarket's. When its time to upgrade mine im going the Boss route and bottle fed

wbt

Banned
i knew that would be a suggestion, honestly even tho this could be cutting a corner i have other parts that i need to buy and twin discs are looking to be anywhere from 900-1200 to start. so if a SPEC 3+ ran well with my 725rwhp COBRA im pretty sure a 2+ could hold my 550rwhp (est) on my 5.0 and still have street manners until i pick up a second car

I have the following clutch that will be for sale soon as I am moving to an auto.

Ram 2011 5.0L Mustang Force 9.5 Dual Disc Clutch Kit -300 Series [75-2230] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

It has ~3K miles and has been fantastic. PM me if you are interested.

bcolenj

Established Member

98ss88mm

Established Member
I could be wrong, but im pretty sure ive seen people running the stock clutch with that hp and beating the piss out of it. On a side note, you liked a spec 3+? lol

Last edited:

torridgoat05

Established Member
i just got prices from tousley ford and its not a bad option, im still curious if i need to purchase the flywheel also. bc its pretty much the same price as the spec 2+ without the flywheel. anyone know the deal with the bolt patterns? and yes surprisingly i liked the feel of the 3+ lol

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
The pressure plate on the stock GT clutch utilizes a 6 bolt pattern to secure the pressure plate, with 3 dowel pins to "locate" everything properly. The Boss pressure plate utilizes 9 bolts in total, 6 equally spaced around the circumference, and then 3 additional, located roughly 2 inches away from 3 of the first 6 bolts. Unfortunately, I just cannot remember whether the stock flywheel has the additional bolt holes to accomodate the Boss pressure plate. I am pretty sure that it does not, so the flywheel would be a necessary purchase.

Here is a pic of the Boss clutch/flywheel assembly, it is the only one I could find.

10-2012-boss-302-in-detail.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread