Anybody running a Hurst shift ball? Pics?

Cobra-21

I feel the need...
Established Member
Like the title says, I'm considering changing my shift knob for something besides stock. Not sure how the white knob will look in the Cobra interior. I think it just screws on but is tightened by a jamb nut. Wondering if this will look "unfinished". Does anybody have any interior pics with a classic round shift knob (Hurst or MGW) ? Please post pics !

bubblehead93

Established Member
I have a black hurst ball on a roush shifter arm - I think the black ball with the white Hurst logo and shift pattern engraved in it looks really good (a little more understated as compared to a white ball). i'll take a picture today and post.

Mikw4

Established Member
i have been looking for a new shift knob for a long time. always wanted a white ball and considered hurst. but one thing i dont like about ball shift knobs is that there is nothing beneath the ball to make a nice joint to the boot. so the boot is just suspended with a gap in between. you can see in the picture. (these are not my pictures, just some i found in my search not hurst either, but they are white so you get an idea) i did have the mgw gripper knob which looked the best so far. it felt pretty good too. regret selling that one.

black.gif

shelbyshiftknob1.gif

DSCF2845-1.gif

Cobra-21

I feel the need...
Established Member
Thanks for the pics guys, anybody else?

Has anyone tried to make a transition piece to fill the small gap between the boot and the ball? Or is there a gap at all? I'm thinking a short piece of tubing of some kind, just big enough to slip over the exposed threads, before you put on the jamb nut and shift ball...any other ideas?

bubblehead93

Established Member
sorry for taking so long to snap a picture and post...

this was my take on how to solve the gap problem (by the way i'm 6' 4" so a shifter arm that leaned way back made it so I could put the ball where my arm naturally wanted to be).

its a Roush shifter arm - comes satin, you could polish it if you wanted.

DSC02646.JPG

and yes i need to clean my interior - hey its a daily driver.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread