Anybody running 28psi on KB 2.4L yet?

xenon

Established Member
I am really interested in "real world" stats. The only info I found was on their website was "It produces 60hp more @28psi than the 2.2L @24psi"

I am also interested in what is required for supporting mods for the 2.4L @28psi.

71lb injectors, dual fuel lines... what else?

Last edited:

xenon

Established Member
JMD0346 said:
The red 03 for sell in the market has that I think. It runs 10.0's. It was in mm&ff.

If your referring to "SVTdubs" he has a built 427 motor and running nitrous. I am looking for stock displacement numbers.

JMD0346

Established Member
xenon said:
If your referring to "SVTdubs" he has a built 427 motor and running nitrous. I am looking for stock displacement numbers.

Thats a new one on me. The only svtdubs Ive heard of has a 2.2 KB and N2O on a built, cammed 4.6. I dont where you got 427. Maybe a typo? Either way they could both probably help if you are really looking to run a similar setup.

Last edited:

xenon

Established Member
hmmm.. your right.. I have been reading so much tonight im lost. lol

It seems the kb 2.4 can handle 800rwhp and thats way more than enough. I will more than likely not reach that number but its nice to know I won't outgrow the blower.

I really do need to get a list of supporting mods that are required to run around 24psi - 28psi.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
xenon said:
....snip...

I really do need to get a list of supporting mods that are required to run around 24psi - 28psi.

step 1)built shortblock

Juiced-03

Established Member
JMD0346 said:
Thats a new one on me. The only svtdubs Ive heard of has a 2.2 KB and N2O on a built, cammed 4.6. I dont where you got 427. Maybe a typo? Either way they could both probably help if you are really looking to run a similar setup.

dubs has a 2.4.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
A few have tried to spin it that hard, but it's complicated. It seems when you goto upper/lower pulley setups on the KB, they have a problem with shredding the belts. Don't know anybody with any success at that boost level yet....

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
xenon said:
427 motor huh?

thats a lot of cubes for a mod motor :poke:

SICKBOY

Established Member
he pry got confused...dubs raced a c5 with a MTI 427 on spray...think that were the confusion came from

Users who are viewing this thread