anybody put an infinity basslink in their L

redz_02

Established Member
Looking at one of these to add a little depth to the stock system. Anybody hear one, everywhere i go they're not setup.

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
They sound ALRIGHT for the money...but i have an Alpine Type S and a Crossfire 500watt class D amp in my truck.

Jesse

Mystic1199

Established Member
i havent heard one in a lightning but heard one in a 93 hatch stang and it had a nice kick to it ...... if u do end up buying a Basslink or need any other aduio stuff let me know ....good deals

superlftman

The Answer is..
Established Member
I dont have my system installed yet but I'm going with some Infinity products. I have 2 10" Infinity Kappa Perfects, Audiobahn A8000TD, Alpine 9835 headunit, and Infinity 5x7's. I should have my system in within the next two weeks.

1s9v9t3

Established Member
superlftman,
will you post pics once you get the headunit installed?
I am thinking of going with the same headunit
Thanks,
Simon

built93cobra

BIG GIB
Established Member
I heard it at Ultimate Electronics and I think the basslink T sounded a lot better for not much more. You may have a little problem fitting it in there because the T is about an inch to high to fit good back there, and the regular basslink is pretty deep so you will have to move the seat forward.

redz_02

Established Member
yeah thats what i figured, it's just all of my past systems have been overkill. Had 3 Type R's in my 99 GT, with all diamond audio speakers, an 800 watt, and 600 watt cadence amps. Then focal K2's 6 1/2's, 1 12" L7, an orion xtr 800, xtr pro 1000 in my z28 (god i miss this setup). It's just moneys tight and my stereo sucks.

built93cobra

BIG GIB
Established Member
I agree with you, I want a little more bass in mine without going overkill again. The only problem with adding it to the stock system, is you have to hook up to the speaker outputs (the basslink and basslink T accept high speaker level inputs so you don't need an LOC) and the stock stereo cuts low frequencies to keep the stock speakers from blowing so you don't get all of the low frequencies that you would with a whole new setup. If you do go with it, let us know how it fits and sounds.

Mystic1199

Established Member
built93cobra said:
I agree with you, I want a little more bass in mine without going overkill again. The only problem with adding it to the stock system, is you have to hook up to the speaker outputs (the basslink and basslink T accept high speaker level inputs so you don't need an LOC) and the stock stereo cuts low frequencies to keep the stock speakers from blowing so you don't get all of the low frequencies that you would with a whole new setup. If you do go with it, let us know how it fits and sounds.

i would do a LOC on anything still using the factory radio ... i did a 00 Lightning the other day all new stuff except he wanted to leave the stock radio with CD changer in it , so i taped a LOC off the back rear spkr and it slammed and sounded fine .....

Users who are viewing this thread